Chapter 6

Maybe he had someone in his life already the reason he couldn't make time for me?" Ashlyn mumbled as she applied red lipstick to her lips.

Blake had flowers sent to her job a few days ago but it wasn't enough. She was over meeting men that didn't put forth effort in showing her that they were interested. Blake texted here and there. They didn't stay on the phone long at all. Maybe he really was in the cartel. She wasn't falling for no street nigga no more, she was going to go a different route this time.

Ashlyn slid her feet in some nude colored strap around the ankle heels and sprayed some Chanel cologne on her body, neck, and chest area.  Dante, her sneaky link of two years had called her phone. She sent him to voice mail. All he cared about was fucking, but she needed more.

"Bittcchh you cute!" She said to herself as she looked in the mirror.

Ashlyn stepped back to look at her outfit. She had on some fitted booty lifting denim jeans, an all white strapless halter  top and some nude colored strap around the ankle heels. Ashlyn smirked as she slid some sunglasses on her face. She decided to treat herself and take herself on a date. She had called in from work. Quiet as kept, Ashlyn stripped on the side. It was the quickest come up. She was determined to get her and Naomi into a house and get them a better reliable car. Ashlyn opened the door to her apartment and looked around before stepping outside. It was rough in her neighborhood so she  walked hurriedly to her car. She locked the doors instantly then drove off.

Jhene Aiko seeped thru her speakers as she crusied the interstate. Ashlyn had turned on the first exit and found herself on the other side of town. She parked at a McDonald's parking lot. So many couples were out walking hand in hand. Maybe if she settled for a square or lame she can experience that same kind of love. The new Crabshack joint was luring her into their doors. Just as she was about to step out of her car Blake's number flashed across the screen of her phone. She was not setting herself up for no half ass date again.

"Hello?" Ashlyn smacked her lips.

"Get dressed." Blake ordered.

"Oh its Blake the guy that dont ask how's your day, are you busy, he just say get dressed so he can have u meet him at the damn club!" Ashlyn criticized.

"Get dressed. I wanna see you. Meet me at 9 mile Station. Dont go in. Call me as soon as you get there OK. See you in a few." Blake said ignoring her sarcasm.

"What is 9 mile station?"

"Look it up. Aye and no more questions aight?" Blake sighed.

Ashlyn was slick turned on by the way he just ordered her to do this and that. He was so unpredictable. She slid back in her car and headed further down since she was already in downtown Atlanta. Blake had better not be on no bullshit. She enjoyed the bicycle ride, she just didn't like having to meet at a club. Ashlyn put some lip gloss on top of her red lipstick to give her lips a shine. 9 mile station was a restaurant. Ashlyn smiled at Blake's attempt to take her on a real date. She got out of her car and stood by her car before pulling her phone out to call Blake. He didn't answer. She called again. He didn't answer.

"I'm over this shit. He aint no better than the niggas.....uugghhhh!" Ashlyn yelled.

Ashlyn felt some hands wrap around her waist, then a soft kiss on the side of her face. Those arms felt familiar. The scent of this man was familiar too. Ashlyn turned around to look up. There he was looking so elegant. He had on a white silk dress shirt with the top 3 buttons undid exposing his chest tattoo, some navy blue slacks and some tan Christian Louboutin dress shoes. He had a single gold cross chain around his neck. He had on a diamond carat pinky ring. His hair was well kept and cut to perfection. He handed Ashlyn the dozen of roses he was holding behind his back then brought her hand up to his lips and kissed her fingers.

"You are so sneaky." Ashlyn blushed.

"And you're so damn beautiful. Damn girl. You hungry?"

"You looking like you coming fresh out of a GQ magazine photoshoot" Ashlyn complimented him back.

They walked hand and hand up to the doors. Blake insisted they eat outside, rooftop dining style. Ashlyn let Blake lead the way. She couldn't look Blake in his eyes, he was so freaking handsome. She looked up then she looked away.

"Damn I can't look at you?!" Blake asked as he grabbed a menu smiling.

"Boyyyyyyyy!" Ashlyn said while laughing.

A waitress came to take their orders. Blake kept telling Ashlyn to get whatever she wanted. She ordered some wine to sip on while they waited for their food. Blake had gotten a beer.

"This ain't the last date, it gets better from here." Blake assured her.

"This is beautiful. I'm loving the soft music too. Thank you Blake."

"Nah thank you for not bailing out on me and being patient. Imma busy ass person but imma make time for what I want." Blake looked her right in her face as he talked.

"So of all the many women that throw themselves at you and want you, I'm the only one you got eyes for? I know you got a woman in your life Blake." Ashlyn accused.

"I'm with you right now. Dont fuck up the vibe speaking on irrelevant shit." Blake sat back in his chair.

Ashlyn could tell she struck a nerve. She knew men that were busy as Blake always swore he was, had ties to other women. She was no fool at all. He had brushed the subject off but Ashlyn knew it was a reason why he had gotten so defensive. The waitress came out with their food. Blake tipped her early on. He had gotten quiet.

"Did I say something wrong?" Ashlyn asked.

"You good. Enjoy your food. Imma follow you to your crib once we leave here so you can hop in the car with me.

Ashlyn wasn't too fond of where she lived. She knew the local dope boys would try to rob Blake or bother him if they saw him out there. Every new face they saw out there, they bothered. She was sure Blake could hold his own but she wanted to avoid unnecessary drama. This was also another reason why she was grinding so she could move.

" I'll meet you at your spot instead. " she suggested.

"You won't be needing your car the rest of the night. Imma get you an uber okay. I want you to get dropped off at The pier." Blake ordered.

"Okay." Ashlyn said quietly.

They spent another hour engaging in heavy conversations and making out in public. Ashlyn didn't want the night to end. She wanted to be in his arms she didnt want to go for another walk at the pier. What was he up to now? She got home to discover Naomi Was Still out with Tramel somewhere or probably with another nigga. Ashlyn hopped in the tub and bathed with  her Mango peach scrub and mango peach body wash from Dove. She put Nair on all the  important parts of her body and wiped the Nair off after letting it sit for a few seconds. She packed an overnight back for just in case purposes.

She used the money Blake had given her to get an uber. Blake was at the pier waiting for her. He didn't have her waiting long this time. He was definitely a man of many surprises. Blake walked her to an all black Lexus that had tinted windows, made sure she got in, then he hopped in the driver seat.

"Where we going?" Ashlyn asked.

"Just ride." Blake squeezed her leg.

Ashlyn mouth dropped when they drove into the airport and a private jet awaited their arrival. Blake opened her door then took her phone and put it in his pocket.

"No phones, just me and you for the next four days." Blake spinned her around.

"Oh my God Blake!" Ashlyn half whispered.