Ch 1

I run down the city streets. The sun is just about to go down. Once again I am being chased. I hate it. I never did anything wrong. I know who I am running from. It's always the same. Jack, Sam, and Max, they are the cities "bad boys" I guess you could call them. They are all into the gangs and drugs.

"You can't run forever Alex!" one yelled. I just turned down an alley, trying to lose them. I can hear their footsteps behind me and they are getting more and more distant. I know they are taking it easy on me because they could easlly catch up if they wanted to. Well thats what they think. I also had a head start so I should not be complaining. Finally the footsteps stop, but I kept running until I reached a familiar street and I run up to my apartment.

"Aleshia I back!" I yell to her. Aleisha is my roommate. She was my only friend in school until I dropped out. Aleisha still goes to school, I don't know why it's so boring. Aleisha always stays "its for a better future Alex. You should go back to school." I don't though. If I stayed I would be a senior right now, but I dropped out in 10th grade.

"Hey" Aleshia said, her eyes flicker away from the tv then back, "why are you out of breath?"

"They chased me again" I said like it was no big deal, well it kinda isn't. I hear Aleisha gasp as I take off my shoes.

"You need to go to the police again!" she told me. I just laughed.

"Remember last time? No, it will only make matters worse." I say slipping off my last shoe. Everytime I try to get them caught it only backfires. They just try harder to get me. "I am going to take a shower"

Aleisha just nodded and I walked to the bathroom. I closed the door and pull out an old friend of mine. My blade. Aleshia does not know I cut. I only cut on my wrists, all my other scars are from my father, brother and that stupid gang. I do my best to fight back, I do some damage but not a lot.

I make 10 cuts. I watch the dark cherry colored liquid form on my arm and drip into the sink. I wait 5 minutes before I rinse of the blood and stop the bleeding. Once that is done I turn the shower on. As soon as the water is warm I step in. The warm water makes my new cuts sting but that soon stops. I just stand there for a good two or three minutes. The warm water really helps me relax.

Let me tell you about myself. I have mid-back long naturally straight blond hair. I am 5.6 and have light brown eyes. I am 17 and I live in NY City (woop woop). Anyways I am not a girly girl, but I would not say I'm a tomboy. I love sports, but soccer is my favorite. Black is my fav color and to wear. I wear skinny jeans all year because of my scars, but I don't mind. I also have scars everywhere. Little ones to large ones all over my body. The only ones that are my doing are the ones on my wrists. Otherwise they are from my father or my brother and his friends or just being in fights, but that was a long time ago.

When I get out of the shower I put some black sweat pants on and a low cut tank top with a skull on. I run a brush through my hair and go down stairs to find Aleisha cooking dinner. She is a good cook but not a good as me. Well I like to think that.

"Whats for dinner" I ask as she puts something in the oven.

"Homemade Mac-n-cheese" she says proudly. I just laugh "what so funny?"

"Nothing just you? You made mac-n-cheese? That is homemade?" I could not stop laughing.

"Ya I just don't get what's so funny!" She yelled at me.

"Just your the last person to make mac-n-cheese. You think it's childish! And you think that I, the city's "bad girl" should be eating better than child food." I laugh this is too funny. She thinks I am the city's bad girl because my brother hangs out in a gang and since that I like to make trouble, that counts me as a "bad girl".

"Fine then you make your own food and I will eat this." she huffed and walked away. I just laughed.

"Nah I'll eat it because I am too lazy to make food. Call me when it's ready" I say as I walk to my room.

I don't get why she calls me the city's bad girl. Sure I like causing trouble. I love the rush, doesn't everyone? I work as a coach for soccer for little kids ages 8-14. Ya you are probably thinking soccer coach in NY city? Well ya I am, we have a few fields on the outskirts of the city. I don't live in the heart of the city, but it's not soccer season so I'm off.

I don't get why I am the coach of soccer. I mean I get into trouble, a lot, and I will admit I am not a good influence but my desperation and skill got me and keep me the job. I will admit I have a past with drugs but only because of my brother. I hate him sooo much. He makes my life horrible. I am always on the run. I never leave the city. I only move which drives Aleshia mad.

You sorta can't blame me for it. How would you like it if your best friend was being chased around the city by her psycho brother? I don't like talking about my brother. If people found out my who my brother is I would have no friends. That is why I only have one friend, Aleisha, she has been my friend since elementary school. Witch scares me. Why is she not afraid of my brother? I guess Best friends stick by each other not matter what right?

I mean sure, I was in a gang before and we got into a lot of trouble and fights, but that is what its all about. Now that I am putting myself in danger, and with her staying with me, she is putting herself in danger. She gets mad at me but yet she doesn't leave. Once the best always the best right?

**** Hey guys! This is my first time writing a story. Please give me some feed back if you would like, I would really appreciate it. I promise it gets better as it goes along.****