Ch 3

After about 5 minutes some girl runs into my apartment. She had mid-back long dark brown wavy hair and brown hazel eyes. She looked to be 5’ 3” or 5’ 4”, I could tell she wore contacts. I could tell she has been running. I stood up instantly.

“Who are you” l stutter, getting into a good position incase I needed to run or protect myself. She seemed safe, like I could trust her, but I have trust issues. Plus, I have no idea who she is.

“Less talk, did you see two guys? One is about 5’ 11” and the other is like 5’ 9”? Both have brown hair? One has curly hair?” She asked me really rushed, it almost seemed like she had a slight accent. Did she know them? Well obviously if she is looking for them. Is she on my side and against Max and his gang? Or is she with them? She spoke again “Well don’t lie because I know they did. There is a dead body in your kitchen and your door is knocked down. Which way did they go?”

We stood in silence for a few more minutes. I stand there frozen. Nothing has sunken in yet. Max and a few of his gang members just left through my window, my best and only friend is now dead, and two other guys just broke my door down and ran after Max. Now there is a random person standing in front of me. “My name is Emily, I am 17, almost 18, those two guys are my friends Louis and Harry. We just moved here because of some trouble Harry and Louis got into back in London.” She said, crossing her arms.

“I..I’m sorry nothing has sunken in yet. My friend just died, my br-Max and some of his friends just broke in, and I am just scared and shocked” wooooh back up, did I, Alex the “Cities Bad Girl” just admit to being scared? God I’m an idiot! This Emily girl could work for Max. Uggg. “Well ya those to boys did pass through. They left out the window after Max.” I just don’t care right now.

“Who’s Max?” Emily asked confusion written on her face.

“Max and his “gang” you could call it, killed my friend who is there on the floor” I said pointing to the dead body, trying not to cry. Why am I so weak all of a sudden? My best friend, my one and only friend, dead and it’s all Maxs fault. Gosh, I should of known he was going to do something. Emily seemed like she did not know who Max is so maybe she does not work for him. She did say she was from London right? I think that new kid Zayn is from England to. I started seeing him a few weeks ago.

“Well you can stay with me. I don’t think you wanna stay here with a broken window and door that my friends broke. God they can be so stupid sometimes” Emily shakes her head like she is disappointed in her friends. She seemed pretty chill. She is really pretty to. I wish I was as pretty as her.

“I...I don’t know I mean we just met! I don’t want to barge in on you like that. I will be fine here” I said with known confidence at all. Truth is I don’t wanna stay here. I have no family to go to and no other friends. What if Max comes back because I have know where else to go.

“Just come with me. I have an extra room. I don’t live far from here. Louis, Harry and I were out for a walk when we heard that scream. They just bolted off. Leaving me behind.” she soffed. I started to hear sirens in the distance meaning the ambulance must be close. “Just go pack some clothes and other stuff you need then by the time the ambulance gets here we can go to my place.”

“Why do you wanna do this? You just met me less then 10 minutes ago. You don’t even know my name!” I sorta yelled. She did not seem offended or taken back that I yelled at her.

“Well what is your name?” she asked me completely calm. What is with this girl she is so calm! Her friends just ran off, barged into someones house and she saw a murder scene. I wonder if this happened a lot back in London, maybe that is why she is so calm and not freaking out.

“Alex” I stated. “Well Alex, nice to meet you!” she said to with a big smile. “Now go pack some clothes, you are staying with me until you get this placed fixed”

I finally gave in. I don’t feel like arguing that I am fine staying here. It there and a little safety or not. I went to my room. I packed sweat pants, sweat shirt, a t-shirt and skinny jeans. It took me 5 minutes and the sirens of the ambulance got closer. They should be here really soon. Before I head down stairs I grab my blades. I feel like cutting right now, but with Emily down stairs I decided to wait until later.

When I get down stairs I see the ambulance is already here and they are taking Aleshia out of the house in a body bag. I held back my tears. My child hood friend, gone. I should have gone down when I heard her crying. She would still be alive. A bolt of anger struck throw me when I realized I could have saved her. With that I punched the wall, hard. I felt my hand burning from the inpac. When I look down at my knuckles they were bloody and the wall now has a dent in it.

Emily came running around the corner to see what happened. When she saw the whole in the wall and the blood on my hands. Her eyes soon showed sympathy. I hated that. Sympathy. I hate it so much. “The medics have a few questions for you” Emily said as she grabbed my arm and lead me out of the house.

***

After the talk with the medics which was pointless. They asked questions like “did you see the man?” and like “you did not hear the window break?” I got so fed up with them. I could not say anything about Max because he would be after me within an hr.

The walk to her place was silent. She told me that as soon as we get back to her place she will show me the room I will be staying in. Emily said that she would help me clean up my knuckles because of the blood. I told her that it was fine I could do it. I don’t understand how I managed to break the skin. It was just a punch. There was a lot of blood even just for a skin. I should have looked at the wall to see if I hit something when I punched it. Oh well I can look tomorrow.

We have been walking for about 10 minutes. I thought she said she lived nearby? Oh well. After about another 5 minutes we come up to an outskirt area near where I do soccer. I pass these houses every time there is practice. We start to walk up to this big really nice house. It is made of brick and has an olden day look to it. So I am guessing the house is old. It looks to only have the kitchen light on. I wonder if she lives by herself? If so what does she do to get the money to pay for it? She did say she came here with those two boys Lewis and Harry I think? I don’t remember. Do they have a nice house like this? I always wanted a house. One to permanently call mine. But that will never happen because of Max. Looks like I have to find a new apartment. We walk up to the front door.

We walk in, and it was breath taking. A stair way to your right with a coat and shoe rack a few feet before it. A hallway that lends opening into a kitchen and has two doorways before it opens to the kitchen. To my left it opened to a big living room with an L shaped couch and a big plasma tv. Gosh I would love to have her job. It was breath taking

“I’M BACK!” Emily yelled. To who? So that meant she did not live alone. Darn it. Then I heard big heavy feet running coming from upstairs. This big black shadow comes down towards us. The outline of the figure looks really familiar.

“OH MY GOD EMILY WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU GUYS I WAS SO FUCKING WORRIED!!” he yells still flying down the stairs. He hugs Emily and then tenses up when he sees me. “Wait who are you?” he asks. “Where is Harry and Louis!!” He screams.