Ch 19

Wait what? Who said that? Max spun around to look for who said that. “Which one of you 5 said THAT!” He yelled at them. Out of all people I would have never expected who stepped forward.

Jack.

Jack out of all people. Why him?

Max was fuming mad. “WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU JACK! YOU’RE ONE OF MY HEADS FOR GODS SAKE YOU’RE SUPPOSE TO BE ON MY SIDE.”

“YOU KNOW WHAT MAX I AM TIRED OF YOU TREATING ALEX LIKE THAT! I NEVER GOT THAT! SHE IS-”

“SHUT UP JACK.” Max said holding his gun up to his head. “I think it is time for you to be excused from your position.”

I held up my gun to my head. “You kill him, I kill myself.” I say to make taking a step forward.

“Alex what the hell are you thinking!” Harry yells at me. He tries to grab the gun from me but I moved way. He tried to grab my wrist but I got out of his grip taking another step forward. Max stares at me as he thinks of what I am doing. Max lowers the gun and grabs Jack by the collar and shoves him towards me. “Go you peace of shit I knew you were never loyal to me.”

“Max please j-just let me explain.” Jack said. He studdard. Jack. Stuttered.

“NO if you come crawling back to me, no matter how amazing the excuse is I will shoot you!” Max yelled. Max looked at me. I still had the gun to my head. I started to back up. Harry and the guys got the plan.

“Leave Jack.” Max says. Still holding the gun to my head I grabbed Jack and dragged him with me. I never turned my back to him nor broke Max’s stare.  Once we were almost around the corner I let Jack go. A gunshot went off and Jack went to the ground. Liam and Louis started shooting at Max but him and the gang ran. I ran to Jack.

Jack was shot in the leg. Its not  bad, just skinned him and took out a hunk of flesh. Just shows how bad Max is at a moving target. He is alive but this leg must be throbbing. I was then glad I wore a sports bra today. I went to take my shirt but Jack stopped me. “Alex no, your-your scars they don’t know they shouldn’t see them.” he whispered. His voice was lined in pain. “I don’t care Jack you’ll die, you’ll lose too much blood before we can get help.” I say taking of my shirt. I tied it around his leg. I could feel Louis, Liam, and Harry’s eyes burning into my back. Emily and Jackie went to get the car so they weren't here. They must notice the long thick scar going parallel down my back. Starting from my left shoulder all the way to my right hip.

“W-Why are you doing this Al?” Jack asks me squeezing his eyes shut in pain as I help him up. “Don’t you not trust me?” I ignored that he used my nickname.

I thought about this. “No I don’t trust you.” I say helping him up. We started walking. “But I couldn’t leave you to die if you let me go that one time and stood up to Max. You spared mine and I don’t know why but now I am helping you.”

I heard him mutter ‘why don’t you just kill me’ under his breath but I ignored it. Liam, Louis, and Harry walked behind us keeping watch. We made it to the van and we got in. I made Louis, Harry and Jackie go in the back back seat while Jack laid down in the middle while I sat on the floor keeping watch on his leg.

“Where to?” Emily asked pulling out of the parking spot. “Home” was my simple response.

****

Once we got home I helped Jack into the house. “So this is where you have been hiding.” He said. “I kept going to you old apartment looking to see if you returned and searched that whole side of the city. Chase did this half.” This made the boys tense. I glared at Jack.