Ch 2

I sat at the dinner table with Aleshia. I think about what I am going to do in soccer practice tomorrow. We had a full hard core drill practice today. That is when I noticed that Aleshia has not looked up at me or talked to me since I entered the room.

I wipe my face, and put my fork down and look at her, “Alright Aleshia, what’s on your mind? You are usually chatty during dinner. What’s wrong” Just from that sentence she seemed to go pale.

“I...I… I called the police” she stammered, I just froze at that sentence. “I know you said not to but I am sick and tired of you coming back with bruises and cuts! I am tired of moving!”

“How many times do I have to tell you Aleshia! If you call the police on them they will come for you!” I was screaming, I was mad with her. How could she! She knew what would happen and how dangerous it is, but she still called the police anyways!

“Listen Alex I’m so sorry! I just want us to be safe!” She was red mad. I could not take it anymore. “I wanted you to be safe”

I just snapped. “I’M NEVER SAFE!! AND I NEVER WILL BE!!” As soon as those words came out of my mouth I knew that I just made a big mistake.

“Well I’M SORRY FOR CARING ABOUT MY ONLY FRIEND I HAVE LEFT!! ALEX I CARE ABOUT YOU, I DON’T CARE WHO YOUR BROTHER IS, YOU ARE MY ONLY FRIEND LEFT AND I CONSIDER YOU FAMILY!” oops I guess snapping at her was a mistake. “Every night you leave I am so scared that you will not return. Everytime you come back all beat up you don’t seem to care! I wanted to call the police because I want to put an end to this. So you could be safe!”

She was right I was her only friend and she was my only friend. I still have a family but they don’t care about me. Aleshia, she doesn’t have family. I feel really bad for snapping I know she was trying to keep me safe. She wants me to be happy. She will never understand, I will never be happy.

“Listen Aleshia I’m sorry. I know you don’t wanna lose me and you wanna keep me safe but I am trying to keep you safe by not pissing of my brother and the gang off even more by going to the police. I sorry for snapping.” I knew that was not going to cut it, but I had to try.

We stayed quiet for a few minutes. “excuse me” was all my best friend said as she left the table. Seeing her with tears in her eyes made me so mad at myself. Best friends don’t snap at each other over eachothers safety.

***

It been 2 hrs since the fight. I can here Aleshia down stairs crying I feel like I should go down there. Its 9:00 already and it’s really dark out. Something seems wrong, somethings not right. I can feel tension in the air. And that is when I see it. Outside my window I saw a figure move. I froze. I snuck up to my bedroom window to see if I could see who it was. When I got to the window it was gone. That is what confused me. It was just outside our house, in the middle of the street. Thats when I heard the worst thing in my life.

I heard a loud screeching scream. I knew who it came from. “Aleshia!!” I scream. I sprint down the stairs, down the hall just in time to see Max and a few of his friend, I think there names are Zayn, Eli, and Jack, leave throw the kitchen window. “This isn't over” I yell, full of anger. I started to run after them but that’s when I saw the kitchen.

The kitchen was a horrible bloody mess. Blood hand prints on the counter and cabinets. Bloody knives everywhere. They must have been here for a while torching my best friend. That is when I saw my best friend, Aleisha, up against the wall. It looked like she was standing against the wall, but the only thing holding up her body up, to the was a big steak knife. That struck right through her neck. Words printed in blood surrounded her body. “Don’t call the police on us again. This is a fairly nice warning - Max.”

I sprinted towards the window but thats when I heard a big bang. I look to my door. I see my door on the ground. I see two guys. One with icy blue eyes with brown hair in a messy quiff due. He was wearing a muscle-tee with black skinny jeans. The other man has a head full of brown messy curls with piercing green eyes, he wore a white low cut tank top with black skinny jeans to. I never seen them around. They were both muscular and had a good amount of tattoos.

“Stop!” the quiff dude said as the curly head one ran towards the broken window. How did I not hear it break when I was up stairs? Curly dude out the window and after Max and a few of his friends in a split second. “Take care of your friend, we’ll handle them” as he sprinted past me and after his friend.

I reached for my phone and called an ambulance. I don’t know why I am not going with them. I don’t even know them. For all I know they could work for Max and they are just a distraction for me not to go after them. That is when the guilt starts.

I never got so say sorry for snapping at her. I never said thank you for caring so much for me and caring about my safety. My one and only friend gone. Just like the wind. I took a photo of the room just to remember how she died. This is not over. I will get revenge, One day.

*** oooh now who where those to boy? Well this chapter was intoresting I hope the next chapter will be longer. I am trying to make them longer I promise, this is my first time writeing.***