Ch 18

Just then the front door burst open. Louis came running in. I gave Liam a ‘don’t talk about it’ glare and he put up his hands in defence. Louis ran up to the couch I was layin on and kneeled down next to it.

“Oh my god Al are you ok I was so worried” He said. I saw his eyes flicker to my wrists. I know he was really worried about me cutting. He wanted me to stop and I have. Just I don’t know for how long I can go for. I just nodded my head. Louis eyes went to my wrist one more time for a second too long.

“Alex?” Liam asked. I already knew his question. I looked at him. “Why did Louis look at your wrists?” I looked at Louis. He had sympathy in his eyes because he knows that he was the one that let out my secret. I looked at my hands. One look at Liam and I knew he knows the answer.

“I-I-I still cut Liam.” I said Liam was about to say something but I cut him off. “No Liam just listen I have not cut in 2 weeks ever since I got this cut in my leg. Louis caught me one night cutting that is why he is with me at night to make sure I don’t. You probably don’t know this but I have nightmares every night. Every Night Liam. Either memories from the past or things related to things that have happened. I wanna cut everytime it happens but Louis here keeps me from it. I call my dreams Midnight Memories. They are memories at night that start at midnight when I am asleep.”

I look at Liam. He must be putting the pieces together why Louis cares for me. Louis does not like like me, he just makes sure I don’t hurt myself even though I really want to.“Please don’t tell the others.” I beg him. He just nods and I sigh in relief.

We sit in silence for a few minutes. Harry and Emi- Just then the door flies open and a sweaty Harry and Emily run inside. Once they see me they relax and sigh in relief. I laugh and they look at me confused.

“I don’t get why you guys were so worried about me. 1 I had my gun, 2 I am from Black Blood, and 3 I can look after myself and I am capable of doing so.” I say crossing my arms. I get glares from Louis and Liam. Harry and Emily don’t notice. “Well then that’s that.” Harry said I catch a look, a secret message kinda glance towards Emily. Emily looks at Harry and sees the look. Harry turns and walk upstairs. A few moments later Emily says she has some work to do and following him up the stairs. I smile to myself. Well well well, you tried to be sneaky.

“What you smiling about?” Liam asked. Louis who was now on the loveseat next to the couch I was on looks at me. I just smile at him. “All in a matter of time Liam, don’t worry.”

*********

We were all in the living room watching World War Z. When I figured this would be the perfect time to confront her. “Emily.” I say looking at her. She looks at me and so does everyone else. “Can I talk to you upstairs quickly?” I ask pleading eyes. She makes a quick glance to Harry who seems interested in this change of events. She just nodded and followed me.

Once we were in my room I told her to sit on my bed. “If you need more products you could have just texted me.” I glare at her. She gasps. “You’re not pregnant with Louis’s child are you!” she whisper yells. I laugh.

“No no no no. I have never done that with him or anyone” I say. She sighs in relief. “How long have you guys been going?” I ask getting straight to the point. She tenses. “W-What are you talking about?” She tries to play off her studder but fails.

“Come on Emily don’t lie.”

“This is day 2” She says looking at the ground. I just nod. “How did you find out?”

“Please, one I’m from Black Blood, two I can tell when my friend likes someone, and three I catch onto things really easily. It’s really hard to hide things from me.” I say. “Is it just going out or are you to official?” I say leaning against my wall picking at my nails. “No what just tell me how it all happened from the beginning.” I tell her.