Preface

Disclaimer: Naruto and its franchise belong solely to Masashi Kishimoto. This book is simply my interpretation of its story. 

Kyra Williams and anything pertaining to her character belong to @_Virago1012.

I've worked very hard on this book over the course of multiple years until now. If you see anybody on this platform or any other, please let me know. Wattpad is the only platform that I've posted this on as of 2021. Nobody should get away with theft. 

Note: I decided to publish a preface even though my book is nearly done, so if you are currently waiting for an update and get this instead, I'm sorry. I'm almost done editing. 

A few words before you begin reading this story. If you don't want to read this, you may skip it, but I would highly recommend reading this short section. 

Starting off the history of this book and my inspiration to start writing of our main heroine. There's really nothing noteworthy. As I state multiple times later in the story, I began writing Child of the Goddess in 2019 as a personal project. I had no intention of publishing this book. Kyra and her story were meant to be an interpretation of my life if I were to have been in the Naruto universe. However, the more I wrote about Kyra and her story, the more I disassociated myself with her. Kyra became her own person separate from the original character I planned. I find that amazing and mystifying. 

Writing fiction in which I imagine myself as the main oc is my way of coping and enjoyment.

This little fact explains why I implemented Kyra's "original home" and why Kyra's powers seem overpowering later on. There are many other things that may seem unbelievable in this work of fan fiction, so if you find yourself cringing away from this book, I understand. It was never meant to be realistic; most of the scenarios I imagine in my head almost never are and this book is purely one of my wildest ones. So please keep in mind my original intention when reading. 

Secondly, while this is the first book on my account, I assure you that it's not the first piece of fiction I've written. Over the course of my many years on Wattpad, I've written many books within my two accounts, most of which haven't been published because they were, once again, never intended to be so. I'm older now and more experienced in writing, so while I wouldn't say I'm exactly professional, I will say I'm a decent fanfiction author. Still, as a fair warning, my style of writing is both simple as well as figurative, and many of my influences are my fellow authors on this platform. Another thing is this book is a slow burn.

Thirdly, while I do proofread the chapters before I finish them, there are still some minor errors. I also acknowledge that I've made many errors regarding consistency in the plot. This is due to my lax effort of planning in the initial writing process of this book. In truth, the entire book is in its first draft, and after I complete it, I'm not sure if I'll go back to edit. Please keep this in mind as well. 

Lastly, if you don't like my story, I understand and ask that you leave on good terms. If you do like my story, thank you, and I ask at the very least for votes and comments, more so comments because I love talking about my work with you readers. 

This story, in contrast to its ending, is anything but happy. There will be many dark themes. Still, for those interested, my intention now and when I decided to share this with the public was and is to share my work. I wanted to share the story about the girl in my mind and her adventures in the Naruto world. While I understand that I may receive hate over this book (a risk I'm taking), I think it's even crueler to leave this book sitting in my drafts. I enjoy writing about Kyra and I enjoyed the entire process of this book, both the good and bad. Anything regarding the creative arts deserves to be shared in the world, at least that's my opinion so long as there was no ill intent, including plagiary.

I'll close this preface off now. For those who haven't read yet, I welcome you with open arms and hope you enjoy the ride. As for my faithful readers, thank you again and I can't wait to see you at the conclusion. 

Peace :)

©_Virago1012