perfect fit | s. crosby

ابدأ من البداية

"Its a work thing- A party I suppose." Sidney didn't really know why he was being so vague. He wasn't used to not being asked a million questions about his career, and suddenly here he was struggling to find out what to say because this girl didn't seem to be interested in his hockey career.

"Nice! I hope you enjoy it. Mr. Danvers makes excellent suits so you'll be in great hands!" She reassured him.

Sidney let his eyes gaze over the materials in the woman's arms. It was a beautiful fabric, the velvet captured the light and reflected it without being too showy, the satin lapel was a nice contrast against the slightly rouger material of what would be a blazer. "Could you pair this with a pair of black dress pants just so I could see how it looks together?" Sidney asked.

Y/N nodded. "Yeah! Just let me grab you measurements and then I'll go grab you a size." She smiled. Taking her tape measure, she had the man stand with his arms out to the side as she kneeled to the side of his waist, bringing the tape in close to his hips and his thighs.

"How do you like your fit? Slim or slightly baggy?" She asked. Standing up and looking him in the eyes. Sidney swore that he was choking on his own tongue, she was so beautiful. Her eyes were warm and kind and the smile on her lips reminded him of his mother- such a pure and gentle soul.

"Slim please." He answered her.

Heading back to the stock room, Y/N grabbed the shell of the suit, doing her best to find the exact sizes although she was struggling slightly. She didn't usually help men with such prominent glutes. Not that she would tell Sidney that.

As she helped him pick out the suit, Y/N could feel Sidney's eyes against her- he watched every single thing she did. From the way her hands trailed up his inseam, to the fighting of the tape around his bicep- his eyes never left her.

Sensing that he might be uncomfortable, Y/N took a step back. "If this suit isn't to your liking-" she started to think of different options for him, but Sidney was quick to cut her off.

"I'll take it!" He spoke urgently, his voice coming out loud and frazzled, sending Y/N into a flinch as she looked at him and laughed.

Sidney blushed. "Sorry I just- do you really not know who I am?" He asked softly. He couldn't deny that he liked it. He liked having a conversation with someone who wasn't hammering him with questions about the penguins or his career, this girl was like a breath of fresh air. She was totally blind to who he was- and for the first time in what felt like ages, Sidney felt normal.

Y/N furrowed her brows as she rung in his order, taking down his name and number so that the owner could get in touch once his suit was ready for pick up. "Should I?" She asked, a soft giggle slipping past her lips.

And In that moment, Sidney gelt his heart clench- his mind was set and there was no changing it now. "No... No" he chuckled.

It may have been wrong for him to lie to her, but in all honesty, it was something he could live with. He was finding any reason not to leave, bringing up all different types of questions about the suits and fabrics until Y/N's well of knowledge had completely run dry.

"I'll have to give you Mr.Danver's number. He owns the store- I just work when he's caught up with other responsibilities." She apologized. "He knows a lot more about the suits than I do." She flushed.

Sidney shook his head. "No that's alright- if im being honest I don't even really care about the suit that much." He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

Furrowing her brows, Y/N didn't know what to say.

"Uhm- I apologize if this is too straight forward, but I just really like talking to you. And I think you're beautiful and smart- I know we've only been talking for about thirty minutes and the store is about to close..." he bit his lip. "But if you don't have plans tonight I would love to take you for dinner." He smiled up at her like a hopeful puppy.

Y/N's lashed fluttered against her cheeks as she looked down bashfully. This man was certainly attractive, and he seemed fairly kind hearted- he wasn't pushing himself onto her which Y/N adored. Looking at her watch, she nodded. "Yeah- I can do dinner." She grinned.

Sidney smiled. He glanced at the sign on the door that held the business hours. "I guess I'll pick you up at 7." He winked cheekily.

The woman couldn't help but laugh, she watched as Sidney left the store and went into the parking lot. Giving her enough time to run around the store and start closing before going into the bathroom and making herself look a little bit more presentable.

She grabbed the keys from the counter and walked out the front door- arming the security system and locking up as she left. Stepping into the parking lot, her features were illuminated by the purple and orange neon lights from the sign hanging over head that read 'Danvers' TailorShop"

Her shoes clicked against the concrete as she walked towards Sidney, he got out of his car and smiled. Offering her his arm, Y/N pleasantly let her hand grip his bicep, the two of them walking down the street and into the night.