Penthouse

The elevator doors dinged open and the shutters slowly clattered in their own ways.

The man stepped out before you, his eyes not meeting yours.

You follow him as he swings open the large doors that led to the penthouse.

Without thinking, you made yourself invisible. It would probably be the best way to grab Misty undetected.

The room was very glamorous, it had posh decorations, fancy artwork, a huge bed, a diamond incrusted table, and a chandelier that was clearly way more expensive than the ones downstairs.

You snook through the doors just before they slammed shut behind the man.

"Donovan, I see you've brought a friend." A female voice says, completely out of nowhere.

You look up to see a immensely gorgeous lady standing on the small staircase that led from the room to her bedroom.

The woman's eyes wonder from Donavan's to yours. Her piercing gaze strikes terror into your heart.

You thought you were invisible!

"Darling, I can hear your blood in your veins," She says smiling in what seemed like a motherly way.

You let the invisibility drop and make yourself visible, your heart was clearly pumping too fast.

"Hmm, what are you?" The countess asks, swirling down the stairs in the most beautiful of gowns.

"Not a ghost," she says, striding towards you and poking your shoulder, "but not human."

You winced as her sharp nails touched your shoulder and blood began to pour out.

You could show no weakness.

The woman catches the blood on her finger and stares directly into your eyes.

You hold your breath tightly, the tension in the room was getting higher and higher.

The woman stares at her finger and it was made obvious that she had a further bloodlust than any of those ghosts you saw before.

She was staring at it like it was her life source.

Maybe it was.

You step back as she plunges her finger into her mouth, devouring every drop of your blood.

You shiver as her eyes sparkle once she'd finished her 'snack'

"So," she says, her face completely calming down, as if she hadn't totally just drank your blood, "Do you want to see your friend or not?"

You nod.

It was hard to think of anything else to do.

This woman was clearly not human either.

"So you are a witch?" The countess says, leading you up the tiny staircase and into her room.

The man that you had met before, assumingly called Donovan, followed closely behind you.

"So you are a vampire?" You reply, mimicking her and raising your eyebrows.

It was a trick that you'd learnt from Maddison.

The woman just laughed before pressing her hand onto the ceiling of the room.

This hotel was clearly filled with little trapdoors and secret entrances.

It was like a little torture chamber.

Only not so little.

The trapdoor on the ceiling swung open and an old wooden ladder slowly descended from the darkness above.

The countess motioned that you should climb it and so you did.

Heart pounding more with every step towards the ultimate blackness of her attic.

And what you saw when you switched the light on, was utterly unreal...