Roommates

Once you were upstairs, you noticed that almost the rooms were taken, the only exception was the guest room which you were certain that the 'supreme' would be sleeping there.

Inside the smallest room you noticed Nan sitting on her bed with her headphones on. They looked like noise cancellers. She was squeezing on them so hard as if to block out all noise forever, but it wasn't working.

You had barely even walked through the door frame when she looked up at you even though you hadn't said anything.

"You think too loud" She says.

You frown in confusion. You weren't dumb, you knew that she could hear your thoughts and that was what she needed the noise-cancelling headphones.

You just mumble an apology and get out of the room, she really wasn't going to like having a roommate so there wasn't much point asking.

You make your way around the corridors where you found Queenie's room. Her door was open an inch and you could see she was lying on the bed and reading a book.

"Queenie, I w-" You began, but Queenie cut you off.

"Hey bitch, don't you knock?" She says throwing the book on her bed. It was a book called 'voodoo for beginners'. You only got a slight glimpse of the cover since Queenie slammed the door in your face.

Damn, that was another girl that probably didn't want a roommate. You still had two girls to go.

You walk the corridors before bumping into a familiar blonde witch.

"Hey girl!" Maddison says as she walks into her room, dumping her designer handbag. It looked like Chanel.

She looked back at you and stubbed out her cigarette on the table beside her bed. There were two spare beds in her room.

"What? You want a roommate? You can stick with me, it's not like the others are good company.." She says sitting down and staring at you.

"So you are clairvoyant too?" You pause for a second before asking, "Oh and err, can I have a cigarette?"

"No, I'm not a clairvoyant," Maddison says whilst rooting in her pocket for another cigarette. "You are just predictable"

She bent down to get the lighter from her bag she had left on the floor.

"Oh, no need" You say with a glint in your eyes. You didn't need a light since you were basically a fucking lighter.

"Here" You say, "Let me show you something"

You think of your cigarette burning and magically, it did.

"That's cool. Look what I can do" Maddison says as she removed the cigarette from your mouth using her mind . She was predictable too: she was selfish and narcissistic. You didn't mind much though, it was nice to be accepted.

"That's great." You say smiling sarcastically. "Now give it back"

Maddison just laughed as she handed you your cigarette back. You inhaled then exhaled the beautiful smoke patterns.

Burn