Thirty-Six||Part Two

Start from the beginning

He looked at Natasha, a smile on his face. "Natasha, darling, you could do so much better than this guy."

Negan stood to his feet, "I'm not gonna stand here and act like I'm a fucking saint, but I've got a problem with a man who beats on women. Or should I say, boys? Only boys prey on defenseless women. I mean, if this shit was going down at my place, this stank-eyed pussy would have been dead already. But . . . I'm here now, so, let's get this shit done."

With that, Negan looked at Natasha and pointed his bat at her. "Come here."

Cyndie quickly grabbed onto Natasha's arms.

So, awestruck by Negan, Natasha pulled her arm away, standing.

There was just something about him that made her feel like she didn't need to be scared. The way he walked and talked with so much authority, she actually felt . . . safe.

Ignoring her aching ribs, Natasha stood before Negan. He stared at her in such admiration. Past her bruises and scars, he saw something in her.

"I want you to look at him."

Natasha looked down first before turning to face Adam.

"Come on, look the prick in the eyes. Don't be afraid." Negan encouraged her.

After taking a silent deep breath, Natasha lifted her head, looking into the disgusted green eyes of her husband.

"My, my, my, there goes that look of his," Negan smirked. He put his lips to Natasha's ear and spoke loud enough so everyone could hear but soft enough so he wouldn't blow her eardrums out.

"Tell me, does he always look at you like that?" his voice caused a shiver to go down her spine.

Natasha nodded, "Yeah, ever since . . . ever since he died."

"Who died?"

Natasha turned her face to look at Negan. Their faces were so close, their noses were almost touching. "His -"

"My brother that she let die!" Adam screamed in rage.

Natasha closed her eyes and looked down, guilty.

Simon was about to pull his gun out to force Adam to calm down, but Negan shook his head.

"That bitch stood there, and she watched him die! Watched him get eaten alive!"

"I'm so sorry," Natasha shook her head, tears spilling down her cheeks.

"Natasha. Natasha, Natasha." Negan sucked his teeth, not moved by Adam's sob story at all. "Don't apologize."

He looked at Adam. "Hey, prick, guess what? You're not the only one who's lost someone, so cut the shit!" Negan leaned back, frowning at him.

"Where were you when your brother was getting eaten alive, huh? Why didn't you protect your own got damned brother? Shame on you, Adam! Not a good enough reason to hit your wife. Good try with the fucking sob story, though. Word of advice, you want a strong woman. You teach her to be strong. Teach her to kick some ass. You don't put her down and make her feel like the piece of shit you are."

"I'm a piece of shit?" Adam scoffed. "You're a -"

Simon punched him in the face.

"What was that?" Negan cupped his hand around his ear as Adam let out pained whimpers.

Negan looked at Natasha, noticing the glare she had in her eyes as she watched Adam get hit. He could see the satisfaction she was feeling and smiled.

"Sit him up."

Simon sat Adam up as Negan leaned back to Natasha's ear.

"It seems to me you're pretty tired of him. Tired of him pushing you around, blaming his brother's death on you."

Natasha wiped her wet cheeks, "I just don't want to be scared anymore."

"And you don't have to be," he told her. "I could kill this asshole right now. He would never lay a finger on you again."

Shocked at his proposal, a gulping Natasha looks at him.

There was plenty of times where she imagined Adam would just die. Whether it was by a zombie or one day, he just pushed her to the edge, and she did what she had to do.

However, she never actually had the guts to make a move herself.

Now here she was, getting offered for her husband to be killed - and she was considering it.

A cackle erupted from Adam's lip. "She doesn't have the guts."

His insult felt like a stab to the gut. Angry stirred in Natasha's soul.

"What's the catch?" she asked Negan, keeping her gaze on him. "You're not gonna kill him without something in return."

"Smart girl," Negan smirked. "Let's just say, I'll take you home with me. Show you how a real man treats a woman. I see something in you, Natasha, something that I could use."

"Use?" Adam kept talking. "She's worthless."

Natasha looked at her husband, enraged.

Cyndie shook her head, "Natasha, don't do this."

Natasha looked at the scared and desperate young girl, who didn't want to see someone die right in front of her.

"She's right. You don't have to do this," Negan shrugged. "But, to be honest, half of these people are going to be dead in a few minutes anyway, won't be much left here for you if you stay."

Bold, handsome, sarcastic, and blunt as hell.

Where did this guy come from?

It was silent, everyone including Negan, waiting for Natasha to make her choice.

Did she want to choose her husband's demise or have Negan do it anyway?

"Do it," her answer caused gasps and murmurs. "Kill. Him," desperateness seeped out of her voice.

"Now that is what I'm talking about!" Negan said excitedly.

People began to beg and plead, not wanting to see, but Natasha kept her gaze right on Adam, who was still staring at her with that look of disgust in his eyes.

Negan pointed to Natasha. "This one - this one is for you."

Negan stood in batting position, and with one colossal swing, he clocked Adam right on the back of his head.

Cries erupted from everyone, while Natasha just stared, shocked, relieved, and full of adrenaline all at once.

"Holy shit!" Negan laughed, looking down at Adam, who was laid out from that one hit.

Though he was still moving, he was practically already dead with his head gushing blood.

"All the shit he was talking, you would think he could take a fucking hit!" Negan swung down, giving him one more hit to the head that ended his life.

"Well, look at that," he held up his bat, watching Adam's blood drip from the barbed wire. Then at Natasha, who was smiling.

"Alright, I'm done with this shit." He flicked his bat off to the side, splattering Adam's blood on the floor.

Negan put an arm around. "Let's take you home, get you cleaned up. For the rest of you." He looked at his men. "I want all boys, ten and up dead."

He looked over at Natania. "Anyone who wants to intervene, kill'em too."

Natasha widened her eyes at him, realizing his demands.

The last thing she saw was Cyndie looking at her in disappointment. Holding her ribs, she managed to pull her gaze away as gunshots rang out, and Negan guided her away.

****

Not really a short story. I started writing this fanfiction a long time ago. It was published and has a few chapters but I thought it was crap and took it down. Just wanted to take a trip down memory lane. Hope you liked it.