Thirty-Four||Part Two

Start from the beginning

Luckily, she had enough confidence in her skill regardless of the compliment.

"I had to leave for an emergency meeting, and I didn't want to wake you. I'd really like to spend some more time with you."

Addison clicked her teeth, "that's gonna cost you," she mumbled, continuing. "And knowing the kind of woman you are, I'm willing to pay extra."

"Atta boy," she smiled. "So until I get back, enjoy a shopping spree on me."

Looking to her right, she noticed that he left his credit card.

"Good looking out Elliot," she couldn't wait to get some new clothes.

As if her wardrobe wasn't big enough.

There's a knock on the door, "room service!"

"Coming!" Addison stood, keeping the sheets wrapped around her.

She walked into the living room from the bedroom.

When she opened the door, there was a man with a food cart.

"Breakfast for Addison?" he asked with a friendly smile.

"Come in," she moved, letting him inside.

As she closed the door, her phone rang.

"Orange Juice?" he asked.

Addison nods, "Yes, please."

She goes over to the couch where her dress and undergarments are scattered on the floor, her clutch included.

She picks up the small purse, taking out her phone. Surprisingly, it was Sarah. She didn't bother to call much since her older siblings never answered the phone anyway.

"Hey, you," Addison answered, tossing the clutch on the couch.

"Hey, Addie," Sarah's voice sounded hoarse and sad.

Addison mouthed thank you to the guy as he gave her a champagne glass full of orange juice. "Sarah, what's wrong?"

"Umm, I don't know how to say this, but, mom . . . she . . ."

"Mom, what?" Addison started growing concerned. "What's wrong with mom? Is she okay?"

Sarah's voice broke, "Addie, she died," her words rung in Addison's ears like a song on repeat.

The champagne glass and phone slipped through Addison's fingers, hitting the floor with a thump.

"Ma'am, are you okay?" the guy asked worriedly.

Addison shook her head, tears streaming down her face. He caught her as she fell to her knees, sobbing.

Present

That's how Addison found out that their mother died. A moment that changed her life forever.

Now, there she stood, looking up at the house that she grew up in. That's all it was now - a house.

Addison hadn't stepped foot inside and knew that it wouldn't feel like home with her mother gone. She should have come to the funeral, but she didn't have the guts to do so.

She also should have visited and called home more. Just like Melina, she couldn't remember the last time she heard her mother's voice, let alone said she loved her.

Unknown to her sisters, she'd been in town for days. She locked herself in a hotel, drinking, crying, and trying to find the courage to go and mourn with her sisters.

It took some mental work, but she mustered up the courage. Never coming back just wasn't an option.

Addison was shaking, so scared to even climb the steps. She feared what people might say or think about her.