61| b a s e m e n t

Lol, I keep stalling. Promise, I'll end the season 3 timeline in the next chapter. I think I updated 2 chapters today? Big yey for me. Anyways—hope y'all enjoy this chapter. I'm just lazy to fit it all here. 

Happy 46k and 47k reads, Cadets!! Thank you!!

-----

"Oh, wow, that's a big ass boulder." Alyssa whispered as she was between Levi and Hange. Hange snickered and what she said, telling Alyssa to be careful about saying anything about her children's home. Alyssa just sheepishly smiled. "Half a boulder."

"Not helping, princess." Levi said.

-

Levi, Alyssa and Hange watched the two teenagers who were standing in front of their old house. Where they lived before—lived peacefully before Reiner Braun, the Armored Titan and Bertholdt Hoover—the former Colossal Titan, broke into Wall Maria. They were watching them carefully, there was no emotion in both of their faces except for longing.

Hange cleared her throat quietly and took a step forward. "Luckily, the fires didn't make it this far." Hange said and Alyssa glanced at the side seeing Levi was kicking some of the wood. Inside Levi's mind he just wanted to clean the whole ass place—it was giving him shudders seeing the place around him.

Alyssa noticed how Eren stopped moving when he held the metal cup in his hands. As if he remembered their last meal together—with his first family. Mikasa only gave him a look, then they continued to gather together the broken pieces of utensils and any other kitchenware they could find.

Alyssa stood beside Eren and Mikasa crouching on the ground. Her gray eye glinted at the sight of a wooden entrance. But she almost glared at the rock that sits on top of it. Eren brushed his fingers through it, and he glanced at Mikasa—which they nodded at the same time. Eren looked at Alyssa and told her that it was there.

The basement

"Yow." Alyssa called Levi and Hange. They turned to her direction and walked towards their place. "They found it." She continued then Levi placed his arm on Alyssa's waist as he waited for Eren to say something.

"Under this are the stairs to the basement." Eren said.

Levi gave her waist one squeeze which made her eyes widen—before he let go and returned his arm back at his sides. "Good." Levi then told Hange and Alyssa to find a long wood to remove the rock. Alyssa—the type of person she was, even said that they should just push the rock off. Levi scolded her saying that they didn't have their normal strengths at the moment.

"Whatever you say, Mister Shorty." Alyssa mused.

They grabbed two long woods and Alyssa passed the one to Levi. Hange and Alyssa were together at one side while the two kids were with Levi. They exerted their strengths all together to remove the rock—which they have successfully removed it. Eren leaned forward to wipe some of the dust—even though that wasn't going to help.

So fucking dusty. Levi grimaced.

Eren just proceeded to dig out. To see where the handle of the basement remains. As Eren saw it, he immediately opened it. Hange grunted a little at the sudden opening of it—and they all saw before their eyes a flight of stairs going to the basement. Alyssa shuddered at the sight—still not forgetting about the incident with Erwin a while back.

"So here it is." Alyssa whispered. After so many comrades have fallenthey will now finally see the basement. It was the result of the never ending deaths of the Survey Corps soldiers who offered their lives for this. Alyssa thought.