54| b e a s t t i t a n

Thank you for 30k reads again Cadets!! Lol, yes I did say I might not be publishing today but something good happened that lifted my spirit up, so here is it y'all. It's boring but I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. 

----

Levi was petting Alyssa's horse on its muzzle. He knew which horse she owned, there was a crest of her family, Klidepreinz's, stamped on one the side of the saddle, indicating that the owner of the horse was Alyssa Klidepreinz.

Alyssa.... Levi thought. Erwin went near Levi, while Levi immediately dropped his hand from its muzzle and the horse immediately complained, but the horse just neighed and walked away from them, Marco immediately caught the horse's reins but the horse snarled...? At him. Levi's eyes slowly widened at what Erwin said.

I am now sure that he is insane... he thought slowly.

"What?" Levi asked slowly, making sure that he heard Erwin correct. "You want me to go after him with just ODM gear?" Levi repeated slowly, he wanted to axe kick Erwin but he tapped his foot repeatedly to fight the urge to do so. "He's standing in an open area—" Also my gas... "There's not even a house nor a tree on sight." Levi said, his tone sharp.

Erwin's lips almost twitched. "No, you're wrong." He said.

Levi's lips parted. What does he mean...?

"There happens to be a line of objects at just the right height." Erwin said glancing at Levi, "Sneak close up to the Titans and assassinate the Beast Titan."

Fuck it, but okay. Levi just thought, spinning his blades on his hand. He will never have the choice anyway.

-

"We will be doing a cavalry charge. Our goal: to rush the Beast Titan. Of course—we'll be making ourselves ideal targets." Erwin started announcing their plan. Levi was beside Erwin and blankly stared at the new recruits that were in front of them.

They had no choice but to do this because all of those skilled were tasked to kill the two threats inside the walls, and most of their veterans are gone due to the Beast Titan's game of throwing rocks at them. All of the recruits in front of them were staring at Levi and Erwin with fear, terror, in their eyes as they trembled.

We have no other choice. Levi thought and thought that they would understand his message even though he just said it inside his head. Levi will kill the Beast Titan, I want to get over with this already. Levi thought impatiently.

There's also no point now in saying that 'Don't die' when basically, half of their soldiers are now dead. Levi also added, being sarcastic to himself to stay sane—he was so close to give up and die already, to run his hands through his hair and pulls it harshly from its roots.

"So we'll wait until he's ready to throw and fire our smoke signals together." Erwin continued. "That should reduce his accuracy—somewhat. While we're acting as decoys, Captain Levi will kill the Beast Titan." Erwin continued to announce the plan.

Shit hahaha, another burden. Levi thought, wanting to smirk and sarcastically laugh. He wanted to throw his head back and face the sky, hoping the— oh so-called God will take him already. I want to rest already. He thought again.

Why don't you just take me?

"That is our plan." Erwin finished.

"Are we all... heading... to our deaths?"

Erwin did not hesitate to answer as he raised his head, facing the recruit, "Yes."

"If we're going to die anyways... you're saying that it's better... if we die fighting?" Floch asked once more, his eyes tearing up more. Levi wanted to smash his face for some reason, no matter how sad he was already, Levi wanted to kick his face.