15|lovers

"So we all have this castle just to the three of us, well for now." Alyssa muttered as she gazed up at the castle. "That's sad." She said sarcastically and guided all the horses back to their stables, each of their horses neighed as an unknown person to them was bringing them back to their stables. Alyssa could only look at them with pity.

"Eren, go to the basement. I'm pretty sure that you're dead tired." Levi said to Eren and Eren who looked like daydreaming had staggered from where he was standing, blinked multiple times before nodding. He bids goodbye to the two of them as he heads to the basement.

There was silence that had fallen upon the both of them. Crickets, birds cooing, and the horses' tails. Alyssa went to fetch a bucket and started feeding the horses. The horses that were previously owned by Petra, Olou, Eld and Gunther were hesitant at first but in the end they dropped their face onto the bucket and started eating.

"Alyssa." Levi was the one who spoke.

"Levi, I know it's such a wrong time..." She trailed off, 'should I ask him this question? What if he returns on being grumpier than before? Why am I worrying?' "But what are we...." She asked and every word became a whisper. Levi did not flinch, he just listened.

He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. His tongue clicked in deliberate annoyance. 'I knew she'd ask that sooner or later.' He thought. Levi doesn't know the answer to the question. He himself doesn't know what they were, it was clear to the both of them that they aren't friends nor do they call the both of them officially as lovers.

What were they exactly?

"Funny," he scoffed. "I was just about to ask the same thing." He said and didn't realize that she was already looking at him, if it wasn't for the light attached to the stables he wouldn't be seeing her beautiful eyes. Alyssa was not crying, nor had a sad expression.

"That's so like you." She chuckled, putting down the bucket at the sides and petted the horses at their muzzles. She withdrew from them and nudged her head to Levi to head inside the castle. Levi cocked an eyebrow but nonetheless followed her. As they enter the castle,

"I know you aren't a romantic person Levi, everyone could see that." she said.

"What about it?"

"I just want to make sure what we are, that's all." She said, her heart clenched. She wanted to know really. They were acting as lovers and yet they haven't confessed anything to each other.

They both sat in the opposite direction. Alyssa intertwined her fingers together in front of her, waiting for Levi's reply. As she waited, she was hurting. 'My comrades just died, and now I'm fucking here asking my Captain on what really is our relationship.'

'Alyssa, why are you like this?' She thought. She frowned.

Levi scoffed, annoyed at himself that he couldn't answer a simple question. 'She's frowning. Why?' he noticed that she was. Her chin was on top of the intertwined fingers in front of her, her frown deepened as he watched her. There was the silence again, she was simply waiting for his answer.

"Wait, you know what? You don't answer it." Alyssa said sighing, "I'm so stupid, we are supposed to be mourning for them... yet I am asking my relationship with you." She said, hissing the last part.

"No mourners, no funerals." Levi quoted her words from back then. Something glinted on her eyes, as she heard those words coming out from his mouth. "We've already grieved a while back, its fine." He said in a monotone voice, he was used to grieving for comrades. He wanted to continue the conversation but he didn't know how to put his answer into solid words.