3|levi

Levi had said a few words, and Alyssa was listening. She never thought that this man who had an emotionless front was this caring to his comrades. She had thought that he was the type of person who wouldn't care at all. For the first time, her thoughts were wrong. She kept pressing down, just giving the Scout some time to listen to what the Captain was saying.

She then realized that he wasn't breathing anymore.

"Captain...." She started. Levi did not glance at her, but he was waiting for it. "He's no longer...." She trailed off, and she was sure that Levi realized what she had meant. She heard a little gasp coming from him, tears slowly had built up from Alyssa's eyes.

She raised her head to meet his.

"Did he hear everything I said?" He asked. Both of them looked at the peaceful Scout, and after a few seconds of gazing upon his face, Alyssa had let go of the Scout,

"Yes, I'm sure he did." She answers Captain Levi with a soft and weak voice, "He looks peaceful now after all."

Levi nodded as he closed his eyes "That's good then." he then stood up from his crouching position. Alyssa raised the body and removed the Scout's cape in order to cover its body. The wings of Liberty just above his body. She then heard a horse neighing not so far away from their position.

"Levi!" It was Commander Erwin. Alyssa immediately stood up as respect to Commander Erwin. "We're retreating." He said and it made more Alyssa confused than ever.

Retreating? We just got here.

"Retreating?" Levi repeated in disbelief. "There's still more that we can accomplish here. Did my men die for nothing?" he asked, his tone was serious and scary. Alyssa looked down at the fallen scout and averted her eyes back to the Commander. Listening closely.

"The titans are after town, they've started moving northward as a group." Erwin stated and both Levi and Alyssa looked alarm, they flinched. Alyssa had let out a gasp. "It's just like five years ago, something's happening in the town. They may have... broken through the wall!"

Seriously? Was it the Armored Titan or the Colossal Titan? Why now? This feels like this is planned. Why now that we are gone that they are attacking? Are they making the other troops suffer?

Erwin left immediately with the men by his side. Levi looked down at his feet and Alyssa had spoken,

"What is your order, Captain?" she asked. Levi grunted a little and prepared his hand grips.

"Find the others, we're now retreating." He said and with one last glance at the fallen Scout, they both had pressed their triggers and letting the grapple hooks take them away, even though she was sure that he would not hear her. She replied,

"Yes, Captain."

-

The wall was covered. For the first time, Humanity has prevented a titan invasion. By another titan.

-

She was getting impatient. So was he. They all were now exerting their horses to run faster with their four legs. Even so if they used their maneuvers, their gas will be running out quickly and they can't just refill their tanks anywhere. She forced her horse to speed up, and her horse gladly heard her pleas and went faster.

From afar, she could see smokes. Then they heard a loud thud that it may seem coming from the wall, and before their eyes the wall that had been punctured was now covered with some kind of boulder. She wasn't sure, but it looked like one. The titans outside were now blocked from coming in and the horses could not enter.