25|nick

"I see... Another failure, then?" Erwin asked Levi as Levi finished his report about Eren's progress a while back, then added. "Were you busy before you came here?" Erwin asked, amusement evident in his tone which made Levi raise his brow at him. Erwin noticed how flushed Levi was, his lip was a little red, noticing how his eyes flashed when usually his eyes didn't portray anything at all.

"I was." Levi plainly answered, but Erwin could almost hear him snarl at him, and his voice annoyed and fixed on how he sat on the chair. Levi only rolled his eyes when he saw Erwin's teasing eyes. He calmed himself down before he took a ride going here, he did not do it. He just simply waited, not wanting to go into such a flustered state.

"I see," Erwin smiled teasingly, then he proceeded to their original topic. "If the plan would have worked out, we could have plugged the hole in Shiganshina District in less than a day." Erwin continued, his eyes settling on a piece of paper he held with his one remaining arm.

"It's because we lack information." Levi said, his voice was deep. "Might be a different story if there was a book about hardening ability. Alyssa inquired that maybe not all Titans have the ability to do so but we need to bet that Eren can do it." Levi paused, looking down. "But we have Krista. No, Historia Reiss... Maybe we learn about the wall through her?"

"I read the entire report about her upbringing. She's the illegitimate daughter of Lord Reiss, and it by no means a happy story." Erwin said, "Even with Alyssa's connections we couldn't know that much, which makes me worry. Klideprienz's connections are many and informative but the only thing that they can get is that Historia is not a legitimate daughter." Erwin paused thinking about it deeply. "The real mystery here is why... a mere regional Lord cannot be touched by those connections and will know the secrets about the wall?"

Levi said nothing but stared at Erwin's face as he deeply pondered. He remembered something that Alyssa said once to him about Historia once back then.

"I feel weird about her." Alyssa muttered as the both of them looked at the new members of their squad carrying the things they ought to need while being in the remote cabin. Her eyes were on Historia, Levi noticed.

"Why?" Levi asked in a bored voice, because he certainly didn't care about his woman's thoughts to other people unless necessary. His hands shoved at both of his pockets. Looking at the brats who were chasing each other, laughing at each other. He missed it, having friends, but looking at Alyssa, she was not only his woman but she was also his best friend.

"I get the feeling that I need to submit to her." Alyssa said, her eyebrows almost together as she frowned. Her expression was troubled. Alyssa got the feeling that Historia Reiss was not just an ordinary illegitimate child of a regional lord. "I know it's not much of a big deal and I'm not being arrogant when I say this, but it's unusual for me to have that feeling among other nobles especially if you're just an illegitimate daughter of a mere regional lord."

"So what are you saying?" Levi said glancing at her so he could see her face, her beautiful orbs, he could see the sun's reflection in her almost translucent gray eye going down. Alyssa looked at him with a tired smile answering,

"I feel like she's not an ordinary noble."

Even upon remembering it, Levi just kept his mouth shut.

-

"Oh." Alyssa softly gasped upon hearing that Pastor Nick was dead, the cause of it was murder. Hange and Levi looked at her suspiciously, she immediately raised her hands surrendering even though she did nothing, and the kids followed their stares. Alyssa tried to not laugh but she swallowed it and cleared her throat.