51|thunder spears

This is for 26k reads!! Thank you, Cadets! I will be publishing later Chap 52 for achieving 27k reads!

-----

I'll kill the horses and make a run for it. That should be enough. No matter how strong Captain Levi is... along with that little partner of his Vice-Captain Alyssa Klidepreinz the one who almost succeeded to cut my head offthey're still no match for our War Chief.

Reiner withdrew the two blades stuck on his side and on his neck.

That was close... if I was any slower on transferring my consciousness from my mind to my bodyI could've died in an instant. Damn that Vice-Captain, she knows where to hit vitally, but the one fatal was Captain Levi's hit on my neck. Those two are a deadlier duo than the Vice-Captain and Mikasa together.

How did they even think to look inside the walls? Armin? Was it you?

No... it doesn't matter. With this, our long journey is finally coming to an end.

Reiner looked sideways and gasped. Seeing Commander Erwin there, standing still with no look of fear in his eyes. He only stared at the Armored Titan as if he was not a threat to him—nor to humanity. His stare was blank.

Erwin Smithdon't get distracted Reiner. I've got to kill the horses first. Reiner told himself. He would be just wasting his time if he would mind Erwin.

-

"Take cover!" Alyssa shouted and they all hid themselves. Alyssa gave a smile encouraging Eren. Eren smiled back and finally bit his hand, and before their eyes they saw the familiar lightning struck on Eren's spot and he became a Titan.

This better works. Alyssa thought.

-

Eren!? Reiner was shook. Why did he showed up unprovoked?! They should be painfully aware that he's our main objective

Little did Reiner know—Eren's sudden appearance was a distraction. They weren't showing him because they want him to get captured—Eren wouldn't let himself. Not just him, but the Scouts who were with him will not let that happen. Their goal was to finish Reiner, and Eren was just the start of their assassination plan for Reiner Braun, the Armored Titan.

What are you thinking?! To flee south and escape over the wall? If he's alone he could escape as a Titan to Trost without a horse and if that we're to happen, then we have no reason to fight and stay here. Even if we did manage to annihilate the scouts, we can't let someone who has mastered hardening in two months back into the walls.

If he learns how to harness the Coordinate's full power, it'll be too late.

No, wait. This is weird...

-

(Slight flashback)

"You want to use Eren as bait?" Hange asked Alyssa and Alyssa glared at her.

"Erwin does, not me. Why would I want him to be bait?" Alyssa asked Hange and Hnage apologized. She didn't realize what she just asked, of course, why Eren's second mother would agree that her foster son will be bait, but for now she has no choice but to comply with Erwin's orders. "It's 'Commander' Erwin's orders." Alyssa said, her voice impatient.

"He'd resort to use Eren as bait just to protect the horses?" Hange countered.

"Besides our ODM gear, our horses are only way escaping this place. And we also need Braun to be here and not with the hideous Beast Titan." Alyssa shuddered.