Chapter 48

Harry enters his room as quiet as possible. He takes a pair of sweatpants and moves to the bathroom, not wanting Kendall seeing him change.

He looks at himself in the mirror. His eyes are swollen and red. He looks like a mess. The image of Louis and Danielle kissing is repeating in his head and it's driving him crazy. It's like someone just took a knife and keeps pushing it into Harry's chest non stop. Nobody should be able to touch those lips, only Harry.

When Harry has freshened himself up again and changed, he quickly wants to leave the room again.

"Why were you crying?" A female voice stops him. Fucking Kendall, that's literally the last thing Harry needs now.

"That's none of your business, is it." Harry snaps.

"Troubles with the boyfriend."

Harry freezes.

"Boyfriend? You are talking bullshit."

"Oh come on, you and Louis act like boyfriends. Anyway I saw him crying on the boat today, now you are crying as well. What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"You can tell me."

"I don't want to."

"Has it something to do with the things he and Danielle discussed?"

Harry looks for the first time into Kendall's direction.

"What do you mean?"

"You know about you being clingy, Louis just wanting to spend time with Danielle now that they are together and..."

"They are together?"

"Yes. They probably kissed, haven't they?" Kendall says thinking about the plan she had discussed earlier with Danielle.

And that's when Harry realised everything. Louis would never hurt him. Louis would never cheat on him, even if they were on a break. They are not Ross and Rachel for fuck's sake, they are Harry and Louis and Louis would never cheat on him. It was clearly Danielle that kissed him and held him down.

"You don't know shit, you only talk shit." With these words Harry slams the door of their room, running towards the beach. He checks the pockets of his jeans if he has everything, and he has. Now he needs to talk to his Louis because he is not planning to let the boy be hurt one more second.

It's a short two minute walk to the beach and Harry is in shock when he sees and hears what is happening.

Louis is lying in the sand, hugging his knees and loud sobs are leaving his mouth. Harry runs up towards the boy, immediately holding him and rocking him.

"Baby, shhhh, I am here Lou. Calm down."

He feels how Louis clamps himself onto Harry he strokes the older boys' hair, knowing that is the one thing that always calms him down.

"Control you breathing, love okay? Breath with me." Louis does his best to follow the rhythm given by the younger boy but he is sobbing so hard that it hurts his body.

"Louis, please what's going on?" Harry starts to cry himself as well. Seeing Louis like this, so hurt, so broken, it kills him.

"T-They a-ar-re all lea-vv-ing m-m-me. You a-a-a-re l-l eaving me."

Louis' words cut like a knife into Harry's heart.

"Baby no, I am not going to leave you. I will never leave you. I'll be by your side forever. We will talk about it, okay Lou? But first you need to control your breathing and calm down for me, can you do that, love?"

Louis nods and again he is following Harry's breathing. This time with success and it takes around five minutes before Louis' breathing is all normal again. Harry is holding the boy strongly in his arms and only lets go of him when he hears that his breathing is okay again.

"Thank you..." Louis whispers. "For calming me down. It's a long time ago I had one like this." He confesses.

"It's fine, babe. I'm here for you, always right?"

Louis ignores the promise from the curly boy he is madly in love with.

"I didn't kiss Danielle. I would never hurt you like that, I would never cheat on you. I know how it feels like and I would never do it to a person I love and I love you." He says instead, changing the subject.

"I know you didn't. I believe you, babe. I love you too."

"But as much as I love you, Hazza, I mean it when I say I'm not going to watch you engage yourself with someone else. If you do choose to propose to her than that is your full right. She is your girlfriend and you know her longer and stuff, just..."

"I'm not going to propose to her." Harry interrupts the feathery haired boy.

"You are not?" Louis looks at the boy in front of him, hope clearly showing in his eyes. His heart is beating faster. Did Harry choose him?

Harry shakes his head.

"I'm not, Louis. I love you and I have been so stupid to even consider the idea of proposing to her. There is only one person I hope that I can give a ring to one day, and that's you baby. I'm not going to risk what we have just to save someone from embarrassment. If I hurt Taylor that's sad, but nothing is worse than hurting and losing you. You are my person, Lou. We have this special thing going on from the moment we met and I don't want to give up on it because you make me feel things, amazing things. I love you and I will never leave your side. I'm yours, all yours baby." Harry puts a strand behind Louis' ear and the smaller boy has tears in his eyes.

"It's me?"

"Yes, love it's you. And to prove it, I brought something."

Harry grabs something out of his pocket. Louis' eyes grow wide when he sees what it is.

"The engagement ring, Hazza what are you going to do?"

"Well there are two options: Option one is that you throw it as far as you can in the ocean, option two is that I do it. I don't need it anymore. There is no reason to keep a ring when I'm not going to propose. When I'm going to propose to you one day I'll buy one that's a lot nicer."

Louis feels the butterflies taking control over his body.

"Are you serious?" He asks in full unbelieve.

"Yes, baby. So what do you want?"

"I want you to throw it away." Louis answers.

Harry nods, taking the small silver ring out of the box.

"It isn't even a nice one." Harry jokes.

It makes Louis giggle and that sound is still Harry's favourite in the world. Seeing the boy smile after the panic attack he just had is the best thing ever.

"You count to three for me?" Harry asks Louis.

Louis nods.

"3, 2, 1..."

Harry throws the ring as far as possible into the blue water of the ocean. It's like a weight is lifted off his shoulders.

"You actually did it..."

"Yes, baby. It's you. You are my future. I'm sorry I first needed to mess up again to realise that."

Harry hugs the smaller boy and a smile forms on Louis' face. He stands on his toes, planting his lips on Harry's forehead. He is forgiven.  

________

They are fine again :)))

Drop your comments xoxo