Chapter 35

Two days... It's been two days since the fight with Harry. Louis isn't eating, only stays in his bed and doesn't even bother to take a shower.

His heart still aches. It aches for Eleanor because he has no idea how she is doing. He hopes that people from the show help her, that she gets support from the girls over there. Louis could have helped her but Harry stopped it...

Harry. The main reason why Louis just wants to disappear from this planet. They say that time heals the pain, but for Louis it's the opposite. The green eyed boy is constantly on his mind and he doesn't get him out and it hurts so much because Louis really wants to hate him for what he has done but he is so in love.

The boy knocking on his door ten times a day doesn't help. He can hear his sobs, the sniffles and the pleas to only talk. Louis has been thinking about letting him, just kiss the hell out of him and pull his arms around him but he can't. Harry has betrayed him in a way that he has never been betrayed before. The one person Louis has truly loved, formed a scar on his heart.

And again Louis hears the knocks on his door.

"Lou, please. I want to talk to you. I miss you so much. I know I have been an idiot but please listen to me. I can't stay like this. We can't stay like this."

And Louis does what he always does when Harry stands in front of the door. He is just standing against the door on his side, feeling close to him but having something between them.

"Lou, I know you can hear me. It's been two days. Babe, I miss you so much. I know I did wrong but I would do anything just to see your face now. Louis, I love you."

And Louis has been dying to hear those words two days ago. He wanted nothing more to hear Harry say it back to him. He felt horrible when he didn't. Louis can't believe the guy. How does he even has the guts...

For the first time Louis opens the door and he is in shock when he sees Harry.

His curls are all tangled up, a bit greasy. You can barely see the green in his eyes. They are swollen and red and they are barely still open. He still wears the same clothes as two days ago and yeah... Harry has smelled better before.

"How dare you..." Louis only can say.

"what?"

"You lost the right to tell me that. I have been waiting to hear that but now it is too late. I don't want to hear it. You can never tell me again that you love me. You don't do something like that to people that you love. You don't hurt the people you love and you definitely don't break their trust. Stop lying, you don't love me. You never did."

"It's not like that, Lou. I love you so much. You mean everything for me. I made a mistake but I will fix it, I promise you."

"Don't make promises you can't keep. We, us, the thing that was going on between us, it can't be fixed anymore."

"Don't say that. Louis please I miss you so much. I can't be without you. You mean so much to me."

"Than why did you do it? If I mean so much to you, why did you take away the one thing that I wanted? Why did you take away my chance to start us for real..."

"I was scared you would go back to her." Louis wants to say something but Harry cuts him off.

"Hear me out, please. I was scared because you kept talking about how you care so much about her and it made me doubt myself so much. You showed so much care and it made me horrible. I felt like you were going to leave me when you could talk to her and then you said I should go, that it's better we wouldn't sleep together and I freaked out, Lou. And I know I shouldn't have done that but that's the moment I went to the voting box. I know I should have gone straight to my room and waited for the next morning to come but I didn't and I regret it. I just... I didn't want to lose you before I even had you, Lou. I love you."

"How can you even say that? Harry I have told you so many times that I love you. I told you that it was you! Only you! I told you my exact plan. I wanted to go talk to El so I could be 100 precent invested in our relationship, that I wouldn't be all snappy and stressing. I always told you how much you mean to me and I kept telling you that I love you, even if you didn't say it back. You had literally no reason to think I was going back to El. I have always been loyal to you. It took me everything to tell you about my feelings.

Did you really think I would go through all of that we have been through only to go back to El? The girl that cheated on me? Do you really think that low of me? Do you really don't trust me at all? Because if that's the case I don't see us ever working. We can't work anymore. You clearly never trusted me and I don't trust you anymore."

"Don't say that, Lou. We can work! Please we can work. We have to work." Harry grabs Louis hands and cries hysterically, keeps repeating the same words. Please please please please.

And it hurts Louis to see Harry like this. He still loves the boy with all of his heart and maybe in the future Louis will be fine again but not now, not this moment.

"We're not, Harry. There is no relationship without trust."

"I trust you, Lou. I promise I trust you. You can trust me as well. I will never make this mistake again. Trust me, please."

"I can't, baby." Louis' voice cracks, tears rolling down again. He is so vulnerable right now.

"I will do anything to get you back. Louis, please just tell me. I'm nothing without you. We can't break up, Louis. We can't do that. I see it in your eyes. You still love me. It's you and me against all the haters."

"You and me against the world." Louis whispers back. "That was supposed to be us, Harry but it's not anymore." Louis chokes on his own words. It hurts so much because after all what happened he still wants to be with him.

Louis gasps for air when he feels Harry's arms around him.

"Louis please, I love you so much. Come back to me. I will go outside now and announce for the whole fucking country that I'm a dick but a dick that is madly in love with you. Louis, please, I'm hugging you. You know what this means... You know what you have to do."

But instead of pressing his lips on Harry's forehead, he pushes him away.

"You should go. I'm not ready for this."

And Harry just listens, leaving the room. He hugged Louis, showing him how sorry he is, but he never got that kiss on his forehead. They are not fine.