ch. 34 | Settling In

CASSANDRA'S POV

3 MONTHS LATER

"I can't believe you've waited this long to go through all this stuff. You've been in New York for like...more than five months!" I exclaim, digging through a cardboard moving box while sitting on the hardwood floor in Asa's penthouse.

I've been staying here most nights recently, mainly because of convenience. Asa has been busy with his company, and combined with a new venture for Rhodes Enterprises, we've mainly only seen each other when he gets home late. I'm usually off work before him, considering all I'm doing still is ridiculous crap for the board, so he's given me a key.

The other day I wandered off into the guest bedroom, which I didn't even know existed, and happened to come across the dozens of boxes piled up against the walls. The room wasn't even furnished yet because of the lack of space due to the crap that Asa had yet to unpack.

"Seriously speaking, you always call me a hoarder, yet you're the one with a shit ton of stuff that you haven't even bothered to go through for months," I continue my rant, pulling out a stack of binded papers, some photo frames, and a few other flat things that were stacked up at the bottom of the box I'm working on.

"You are a hoarder. And well, I haven't exactly had much time between working, sleeping, and eating meals...yeah, meals have kept me pretty busy," Asa chimed in response, narrowing his eyes at me while licking his lips oh-so sexily. God, if he refers to a meal once more time, my panties are definitely coming off. Again.

I rolled my eyes at his remark, a light blush heating up my cheeks. "You know when they say lady in the streets, freak in the sheets? That's you," he smirks at me.

"Asa!" I half-giggle, half-scold him, shaking my head as I look down at the pile of things I pulled out from the box and settled in front of me, going through each item one by one. The last thing I needed was for Asa to distract us once again — it would be the third time that he's kept us from unpacking in the last hour. The first time being with his head between my legs and the second with him buried deep inside me. It's getting hot in the room just thinking about it.

I slide a stack of papers across the floor to him, and they hit his gray sweatpants covered legs with a slight thud. Did I mention that he's completely naked apart from the sweatpants? Asa with only sweatpants is dangerous, especially because he's making it very evident that he has no boxers on underneath them and flashing me a cocky grin as he leans back, hands flat on the floor behind him, flexing his perfect abs. He's gorgeous. I can't believe he's all mine.

I roll my eyes at him again, unable to help myself. I've gotten really comfortable with him in the past few months. I can walk around naked around him, no longer worry about my bed head and morning breath, and have no problem eating a huge bowl of Annie's white cheddar mac and cheese at 2am while drunk off wine. It's great — things are so good that I've basically forgotten about all of the shitty things in my life. He makes me happy. We have a ton of sex. We keep mostly to ourselves, which I prefer actually. I never realized how much I really hated being in the spotlight. Technically speaking, it was never a spotlight, but rather a shadow dragging me behind my brother and my father.

It's been...us. I don't know how else to explain it, but that's the closest I can get. We're practically living together. Well, not exactly, but we haven't spent a night apart in weeks. We're at his place about ninety percent of the time, with an occasional sleepover at mine. He's given me a key, my things have taken over the living room, some parts of the closet, and the bathroom might as well be all mine. I've bought Asa new sheets (I hated the black ones), throw pillows for his couch (yes, that same one we once christened, and fyi, it's more than broken in now), and added so many random pieces of decor (lots of romance novels do count and they aren't just for show) that you would not walk in here and think that it was just Asa's place anymore.