ch. 5 | Caden

CASSANDRA'S POV

"One more shot, pleaaaase," Camara begs me, and I give in with a nod. She proceeds to order, pressing the palms of her hands down on the counter as she leans foward to tell the bartender what we want.

Twirling a strand of my hair around my finger, I prop myself up and into the barstool beside her, licking my lips lightly as I wait for our shots.

It was Zac's birthday, and we were celebrating at one of the most exclusive clubs. A shit ton of people were invited, including myself and Camara obviously. Even though Zac and I weren't as close as we once were, we shared a lot of our friends, hence why we often ended up going out together in a large group.

"Take it, and then drink this," Camara giggles, turning to me as she slides a clear double shot right in front of me. Probably vodka, she loves it, while I hate it. She slid another drink right after. It was a Long Island iced tea, which was one of my favorites. Probably not the best idea, considering we had already took one shot and had another drink, and Long Island iced tea almost always fucks me up.

I shake my head, telling her that there is no way I'm chugging that right now, before proceeding to clink my shot glass to hers and downing it. I was right, it was most definitely vodka, and it burned. I quickly grabbed the Long Island iced tea and look a sip, hoping it would mask the flavor of the shot.

"Cas, I'll be right back! I see Jace, and I want to go say hi," she giggles, wiggling her eyebrows at me playfully.

"Will you be alright?"

I roll my eyes at her playfully, nodding and shooing her away. Jason was one of my Zac's friends, and he and Camara have been hooking up on and off for years now.

I sat there, facing towards the bar and pulling my phone out of my bag. Finally, I had a moment to myself. Swirling my straw around in the tall glass, I took occasional sips, scrolling mindlessly through my phone.

I'm engrossed in my phone when suddenly I feel two arms slowly wrap around me. Their strong hands gently gliding over my body, before resting on my waist. I freeze, putting my phone down and suddenly straightening up.

"Hey baby," his voice is deep, his breath hot as it hits the bare skin of the nape of my neck. I can smell his strong cologne, and I immediately stiffen up.

"Caden," I whisper softly, my voice breaking as I speak. I'm taken aback and unsure of how to react. We had never been intimate before, ever. The only time we've ever even hugged is in public, and he's never been this touchy with me all this time.

"Where have you been? I've been calling you," he murmurs, his lips brushing against my ear. I shut my eyes, feeling extremely uncomfortable.

"And since when do you call me?" I let out, gripping the edge of the counter of the bar as he pulled back lightly. I take the moment to turn and look up at him, my eyes meeting his as his fingers press into my waist.

"Since I'm your boyfriend," he growls back, his eyes darkening. He's tone makes me shiver, and I can tell that he's angry. I haven't given him a reason to be.

"Okay, Caden," I roll my eyes at him, feeling annoyed. How dare he suddenly think that I'm the one who is at fault here. Sure, I've been ignoring his messages and calls these last two weeks since the gala, but it's not like we ever talked outside if it wasn't for a social purpose.

"I really suggest you control your attitude, Cassandra," he snaps, moving one of his hands to my arm and forcing me to stand up. I slightly stumble, not expecting it, but I place my hand on the bar counter to steady myself.