ch. 10 | Tipsy

CASSANDRA'S POV

I was jealous. I was also angry, upset, and frustrated, mostly all with myself. Most of all, I was distracted. All I wanted was to have fun, but I couldn't stop thinking about him, or the woman he had come with. Every time I closed my eyes, I felt like I was staring at an imagine of them.

I'm so pathetic, I think to myself, staring at the fresh cup of alcohol in my hand. I was most definitely getting drunk, which was both good and bad. Good in the sense that it would help me think about something else, but bad because I tend to wild out when drunk. Hence why I'm usually the sober one when Camara and I go out.

"I told you that you look hot. All these delicious men are ogling at you," Camara teased as she playfully reached out and twirled a strand of my hair, dancing a little. I couldn't help but giggle at her comment, grabbing her hand.

"I'm prettttty sure they are talking about you," I counter, leaning back against the wall that I was near. It was too cold outside for anyone to go out, so it was pretty crowded in here. One of the downsides of winter in New York, but lucky for us, we had more than enough space for all of these people.

"Nah baby, all you," she teases, cupping my face with her hands and pecking my cheek with a small kiss. I pull her into a hug, both of us laughing.

"I think I'm gonna go find Zac or Jace," she whispered into my ear before pulling back from our hug. I nod, quickly pushing the thought of her hooking up with either of them to the back of my mind. It still freaked me out that Zac and her had this weird friends with benefits thing going for them, even though they weren't exactly friends.

It's none of my business though, Camara and Zac are both grown ass adults, and the best thing to do right now was to support Camara's decision, regardless of how I felt about it. As usual, I had to be the bigger person.

"Have fun," I shoo her away, deciding that I would have one more drink before leaving. I had initially thought about sleeping in my bedroom here, but it felt too weird to do so after all this time. I don't think I had a peaceful night of rest when I slept here after my mother had passed, and I'd rather not relive anything tonight.

Just as I'm about to get myself a cooler from a bucket of ice in the kitchen, I'm waved down by some of Zac's friends. I tried to recall all of their names, I believe it was Ariana, Mason, and some other guy that I don't believe I've met before.

"Hi Cassie," Mason teases me with my childhood nickname, pulling me into a hug, followed by Ariana. Most of them knew me growing up. The best part about having a brother that was five years my senior was getting invited to all the best parties while still in high school.

"Hi guys, it's been so long," I giggle as I hug both of them, before smiling at the stranger before me. He was cute, nothing like Asa for sure, but he was strong, tall, and handsome, definitely my type.

"Hi I'm Cassandra," I greet him, holding my hand out for him to shake. With a grin, he takes it in his large, rough hand, shaking it for much longer than necessary.

"I'm Drew, nice to meet you," he mumbles, moving closer to me so I can hear him speak over the loud noise of music and commotion in the room.

Ariana and Mason disappear, having only been waiting for someone to grab them drinks, leaving me with the company of Drew.

"So Cassandra, how come I've never seen you around?," Drew asks, raising his eyebrows at me playfully. I smile back at him, admiring him for a moment. My ridiculous mind kept comparing him to Asa, which terrified me. Was I really that hung up over him that I couldn't get him out of my mind?