ch. 6 | Someone Better

ASA'S POV

All I wanted to do was beat the living shit out of him. With every word that came out of his mouth, the more angry I got. Not only did this asshole try to justify hurting her, but he had some nerve to threaten her.

I was ready to kill him right then and there, but seeing Cassandra made me push all of those thoughts away so that I could focus on comforting her instead. As soon as Caden walked away, my eyes settled on the beautiful brunette in front of me.

"Are you okay?" I questioned softly as I slowly approached her. She didn't look at me at first, but I was too concerned to walk away and leave her alone. I came a little closer, leaving only a few inches between us.

"Cassandra, are you okay? Are you hurt?" I repeat, gently reaching out to her. She finally looks up, and I see slight tears in her eyes, which hurts my heart. My hand touches her soft hair, tucking it behind her ear as I look at her cheek, which are red from where Caden had clearly left marks.

"I'm gonna beat the crap out of him," I mutter under my breath, mostly to myself. Both of her cheeks look like that, and I notice that she's covering her wrist with her hand. Gently, I take her hands in my own, pulling them up to see that her wrist is also red, much more so that it will likely bruise.

"It's o-okay, I just...I just need some air," she chokes out, shaking her head at me as she gently squeezes my hands. I nod slowly, seeing that she doesn't mind me comforting her.

"Let's go, come," I smile gently, letting go of one hand, but keeping the other in my own. I guide her through the club, avoiding as many people as possible. The worst thing would be for someone to see us leave together, and I didn't want to be stopped by someone that recognized me to converse.

I nod at the bouncer who lets us out, my hot skin burning as I step out into the cold air with her. It was fucking freezing, and even though it was hot enough for me inside that I had rolled my sleeves up, I was cold. I turned to Cassandra who was on the side of me, her hand in mine.

She was shivering, and I wished that I had a jacket to give her. I licked my lips, feeling as if they were drying up in the cold air, as I guided her away from the entrance and down the sidewalk towards my car, recalling that I was parked not too far from here.

She moved closer to me, and I let go of her hand only to wrap my arm around her, pulling her closer to me as we walked together. With only a short dress on, her arms, neck, and legs were bare for the most part. Placing my hands on her arms, I rubbed them as we walked, trying to warm her up.

I couldn't help but smile as she leaned into my shoulder. The top of her head was right below my chin, and the sweet smell of her perfume mixed with her shampoo filled my nostrils every time I would inhale.

"I have your coat..in my car," I murmur as we walk, me adjusting my pace so she wouldn't have to keep up with my longer strides.

"My coat?"

"You left your coat in my office. I figured you'd be here and I could return it," I admit.

"Zac invited you?"

"Yeah, he's been in and out of my office all week."

"Oh, I didn't know," she sighed, clearly disappointed by the fact that her brother didn't mention seeing me. It's odd that they don't talk, because every time I've been around him, he's praising his little sister. As much as I wanted to ask her why, it didn't seem like the right time.

We walked silently for a few more minutes before approaching my La Ferrari, the same car that we had driven off in the other night. Letting go of her, I slide my hand onto the handle of the passenger side door. It unlocks automatically, and I open the door and reach inside to grab her coat.