ch. 11 | Let's Play a Game

CASSANDRA'S POV

"There's nothing to talk about," I mumble, staring at Asa's reflection in the mirror. There really wasn't. We slept together, and although I had tried to make him jealous tonight, I knew that it was nothing more. There couldn't be.

Asa just stares at me and it feels like his eyes are piercing into my soul. I shift a bit, feeling slightly uncomfortable with the way he was just looking at me with such a blank expression.

"Okay fine, then we won't talk," he shrugs after a moment. Thank goodness, I think to myself, before noticing that instead of leaving the room, he's taking a seat on the bed.

"Um, what are you doing?," I frown, turning around to look at him. Does this guy not get a hint? I didn't want to talk. I didn't want to be around him. God, why are men like this? They really do have the worst timing.

"Sitting," he responds, his lips in flat grin as he falls back on the bed, kicking his shoes off and crossing his legs.

"And now I'm laying down. Join me?," he asks, his voice soft and playful. He really goes from zero to a hundred, and back to zero in seconds. I don't understand him.

"No thanks, I'm going to head home," I mumble, walking to the dresser to grab my keys and bag, along with a few other things that I had brought with me.

"I know you're drunk, but look around sweet cheeks, this is your home," he chuckles, leaning up on his elbows to look at me.

"Uh, actually, it's my dad's house. I don't live here," i retort, annoyed. The effects of the alcohol were beginning to leave me, and events of tonight didn't really help with how I was feeling.

"Oh, well, then I'll drive you," he sits up, ready to stand up. I turned around quickly, shaking my head. The last thing I wanted was to go back to my place with him. That was even worse than being with him right here, right now. It was my sanctuary, and introducing it to him meant exposing myself, leaving me vulnerable.

"No, you will not. Aren't you like drunk too or something? You shouldn't drink and drive," I raise my eyebrows at him, before turning back around and grabbing my keys and wallet off of the dresser.

"Neither should you," he corrects, looking down at the keys in my hands. He was right, but I wasn't even planning on driving.

"I was going to take an Uber," I remark, facing him with a fake smile planted on my lips.

"To hell you aren't. Not alone at least. I'll come with you," he responds, and I glare at him.

"Can you chill? Stop acting like my father, better yet, like my brother. I can handle myself," I nearly shout at him.

I hated how kept trying to act like some hero. First with Caden, which I have to admit, he did in fact get me out of a bad situation. But the way he was acting was out of line for someone who wasn't even my friend. This was one of the reasons I hated men. They are so territorial and act as if they're doing you a favor, when in fact, they're just getting in the way.

"Just like you handled yourself with Caden, right? How about that asshole outside? You know, you're really smart, but act so stupid sometimes," he growls, making my jaw drop. I swear, it's like he can read my mind or something.