ch.17 | Warm and Fuzzy

CASSANDRA'S POV

Spending time with someone, even if it's just as friends, who doesn't know anything about your past is one of the most refreshing things I have ever experienced. Not only do you get to pick and choose what you want to tell them, but you get a clean slate. Both of you get to choose what type of person you want to be seen as.

That's the best part about spending time with Asa. I can be the Cassandra that I used to be, not the one that I've been acting like for the last few years.

The last few hours went by so fast, I didn't even realize that the sun had set. I was now curled up in his bed, reading a book that I had brought with me, intending to read it while at Camara's place.

"Are you hungry?" I hear Asa, who's just stepped out from a shower, pulling me away from my focus on the book. I slowly look up to his distant figure, taking note of the page that I'm on as I close the book, putting it on his bedside table.

I smile at him, shrugging a bit. "Hungry enough to eat, but not enough to get out of bed," I giggle, scooting deeper into the large white comforter.

"I'll see what I can find," Asa disappears into the kitchen. The power went off about an hour ago, and with the looks of it, it wasn't coming back anytime soon. Luckily, Asa has done a lot of shopping since moving into this place and had bought a plethora of candles in anticipation for the blizzard.

Good looking out on his part, thankfully.

Not only that, but most of the place has been furnished and decorated since I was here last. I'm sure he hired someone, considering that he's probably too busy to do it himself. But I love it. It definitely is the perfect combination of modern, simple, and comfortable.

"The only stuff we've got that doesn't require heating are chips, some cookies, and lots of alcohol," Asa grins as he walks back into the bedroom with a bag of lemon Lays, chocolate chip cookies, and a bottle of liquor.

I smile at him, watching as his figure glistens in the candlelight. He makes his way to the bed, dropping all of the items on the white comforter and pressing his lips to mine for a quick kiss.

My eyes flutter shut for a moment, before I open them to find him disappear off to the closet, returning moments later dressed in what looks like pajama pants and a t-shirt. He slides into the bed, wrapping an arm around me and tugging the comforter over his body.

I adjust myself, leaning against his toned body as he presses his head back against his cushioned head board. As soon as I feel his arms wrap around me, I smile. I get a warm and fuzzy feeling on the inside. The way that my body reacts to him is insane. It's something that I don't think I've ever experienced before.

"Let's play a game?" I tease him, picking up the half-full bottle of alcohol and spinning the metal cap off. I turn my head towards him, watching as he raises his eyebrows. "Tell me your deepest darkest secrets?

"I thought you didn't like games or giving away too much?" Asa grins, catching on to the fact that I'm referring to the night we spent in my old bedroom, asking one another yes or no questions.

"Well, someone may or may not have convinced me to give it a shot," I giggle a bit, straightening up next to him as I hand him the bottle. "Questions this time. You drink if you don't answer."

"Damn, someone's a little eager this time," he squeezes my shoulder lightly, pressing a kiss to the side of my head. "Okay, ask away."

"Why'd you get arrested?" I ask, looking at him with a small smile. I was excited to learn more about him, but at the same time, a little nervous to hear his answer to this question. I hadn't been able to get my mind off of it since that night.