ch. 8 | Sneaking Around

CASSANDRA'S POV

The bright rays of the morning sun gleam in through the large windows of Asa's room. Stirring a bit, my eyes flutter open and I frown as the sunshine hits my eyes.

I'm on my side, facing the window, curled up inside the large comforter, with nothing on besides Asa's button down shirt. Quick to realize that Asa's not in the bed, I hear the water running in the bathroom. He's probably in the shower, I think to myself.

I recollect the memories of last night. From Caden and throwing up, and then to sleeping with Asa. I had sex with him. I had sex last night. Holy shit.

My body shoots up, and I groan softly in pain, my eyes shutting for a moment. I wasn't hungover, as I was nothing more than a little buzzed last night, but I was most definitely sore.

Camara had told me about it, being super sore after having sex for the first time. I just didn't think it i would actually be this sore.

I lost my virginity to him. After all this time, I had finally done it. I gave it up to him. Now, don't get it wrong, I wasn't expecting to lose it to some guy that I loved, especially considering my current ban on finding love, but I definitely didn't come here thinking I was going to have sex last night.

I heard the water slowly come to a stop, meaning that Asa had finished his shower, and I panicked. I needed to get out of here. I swung my feet off of the edge of the bed, quickly jumping onto the pads of my feet and scrambling.

I grabbed my Louboutins, slipping them on, eyeing my dress on his floor. He was shuffling around in the bathroom, and I could only assume that he would be out in minutes, if not seconds.

Time was of the essence, and I didn't have any right now. Instead of grabbing my dress or bra, I fidget with the buckles on my heels before taking my coat off of one of the moving boxes. Putting it on over his shirt as quickly as possible, I flip my hair out of the collar, noticing my ripped panties right by my feet.

I bite down on my lip, thinking of when he ripped them off of my last night, only to be startled by the sound of the doorknob jingling, the lock sounding as it turned.

So, naturally, I ran.

Out of his room, out of the penthouse. I hurriedly hit the only button by the elevator, praying for the doors to open, and to my luck, they do. I slip inside, pushing the button next to lobby, watching as the doors slowly close.

"Cassandra?" I hear Asa's soft voice in the distance right before they close, the elevator beginning to drop down. My heart nearly stops when I hear his voice, the confusion evident in his tone.

I feel awful. Was it fucked up to run out on him like that? I close my eyes, taking deep breath. No, it wasn't, I tell myself, he does this all the time. I had heard enough about him these past two weeks since he moved here to know that he got around, much like my own brother and his other friends.

They were always off limits, and I was most definitely as well, I have no doubt Zac made that very clear to all them. I silently wonder if Zac told Asa to stay away from me too? Even though Zac and I weren't on the best terms right now, that didn't hold him back from his role as my protective older brother.

As soon as the elevator doors open, I walk outside and hail a cab, quick to recon that I have no money and no keys, or even my phone. I gave the driver the address to Camara's apartment, figuring I would be able to get my things and at least pay him for the ride.

Catching a glimpse of myself in the rear view mirror, I grimace at the sight. I'm quick to try and flatten out my messy bed hair, followed by trying to wipe away some of the black residue under my eyes from my mascara and eyeliner. Fuck, I undoubtedly look like I've just been fucked. It definitely doesn't help that I'm still wearing the same coat and heels as last night.