CHAPTER 44

The next day, Hermione was able to put all the things in her purple, beaded handbag. Everyone looked around the apartment a couple of times in case they hadn’t forgotten something of their affiliation.

They gathered in the living room and waited for the right time to leave. They knew full well that it was forbidden to leave the city ahead of time because the law was like that, even though it sounded stupid, they would run the risk of it.

"Now we wait, I can still hear a couple of students walking down the halls," Borris said, twirling his wand between his fingers.

"Hermione, did you pack any food?" Ron asked and she nodded, checking her handbag one more time.

"Borris, are you sure you remember the way home?" Harry asked and looked at him, Borris nodded and answered, "I've spent my whole life in the woods, what do you expect?"

"I'm just asking, I really can't wait to get home," Harry finished the sentence with a sad sigh.

Anna looked at George and her gaze dropped to his shaking leg, she pursed her lips and held a laugh.

Feeling that, George looked at her with an raised eyebrow and whispered, "It's been like this since last night."

"My job is done then," She bit her lower lip and winked at him, laughing softly at his sigh.

"Hermione, did you bring some alcohol?" Fred asked, Hermione looked at him angrily and said, "I brought everything you would never think of."

"All right, nervous girl, I know you're missing Ron's room," Fred teased, both Hermione and Ron blushed immediately.

Borris stood up and motioned for them to do the same, "You go in front of me because I don't want anyone to be absent, make sure someone isn't in the hallway, okay? Hermione, I'll lock the door and throw the key somewhere, fuck it."

Everyone nodded and looked left to right in the hallway, then headed down the stairs. Borris turned off all the lights and locked the apartment, putting the key in his pocket.

They went one after the other, until they reached the entrance and waited for Borris.

"The door isn't locked, it's only ten o'clock so you can-" Borris paused when he saw a bowl of cookies on the counter, taking one and a bite.

"Leave the cookies now, let's go," Fred said, Borris took another before Fred pulled his arm and they left the hotel.

It was completely dark and they did not see any people nearby, they followed Borris on the road leading to the forest.

Taking his hand, Anna leaned her head against George and walked beside his body, "George..."

"What is it?" He looked down at her and ran his fingers through hers.

"I'll sound silly, but I'm scared," She said softly and shook his hand, looking ahead as she walked, "I don't know why but I am."

"You have nothing to fear, we are all together and keeping each other's backs," He kissed the top of her hair and sighed.

"This road leading to the forest, we have to be careful now because the other day I saw some people gathering down there," Borris said, heading the path that led up a small hill, into the deep woods.

"Will this be a very long way because I already need to, sorry, to pee," Harry said and scratched his head.

"Wait a few minutes just to walk this path, you don't want anyone to see you," Fred said through a laugh.

"They have nothing to see anyway," Ron whispered and got a light slap from Harry in the head.

George turned his head and looked behind him every few seconds, and Anna would get scared every time and do the same, "George stop doing that."