CHAPTER 31

Anna and George froze, knowing right away that they had gotten into trouble when they heard Ron's voice, who shouted again.

"Come now! Remus is looking for you!"

"George don't worry, everything will be okay, I'll go first, you come later," Anna kissed him on the cheek and stepped away from him, George grabbed her arm.

"What are you going to tell him?" He asked softly.

"I'll say I was checking... Chickens? And that you're in the shed, something, I don't know, just don't worry," She slowly let go of his hand and walked out, seeing Ron looking around.

"Where's George? What were you doing inside? Remus is going crazy, you know him," Ron chattered.

"Come on, shut up and let's go inside," Before they went inside, she looked at the shed once more.

They entered and saw Remus at the door, arms crossed with an angry face. Ron just walked past him as he stopped Anna with his hand.

Anna sighed and looked up into his eyes, "Father please..." She said shakily. He took her hand and dragged her into the hallway to talk.

"I'm listening," He said sharply and leaned against the wall.

"What do you have to hear? I fed the animals, I don't know what the problem is," She shrugged and looked away every second.

"George," He said in a low, rough tone that started to annoy her.

"I don't know where he is," She replied coldly, she started tapping her foot nervously from the floor.

"No need to lie to me, you think I don't feel your fast heartbeat? Your fear?" He waved his finger as he said it all, pretending his daughter was a five-year-old who didn't know how to behave.

"Great, let me go now, please," She started to pass but he grabbed her arm and pulled her in front of him. She jerked him to let go and sighed.

"Listen darling, you're going to sleep in Charlie's room from tonight, I'm following your every step in the house and I'll hear your every conversation, with everyone, okay?" He let go of her hand slowly and took a step back.

"Brilliant," She said sharply and added, "You'd better worry about the full moon tonight," She collided into his shoulder as she passed by and went to George's room, where she slammed the door. Remus looked after her and sighed, heading for the kitchen where he saw George.

"Oh Remus... How are you?" George stepped away from him so as not to smell the cigarette on him, but he sniffed, just ignored.

"Lovely, thanks for asking," Remus measured him and walked past, "Arthur! Let's go."

George turned and asked, "Where are you going? If I may know of course."

"Remus and I are going to my garage to do something, we could use some help from you son," Arthur said as he hooked the suspenders to his pants, "The car broke down again."

"Yeah, of course, no problem," George smiled weakly and left the house with them.

Anna angrily threw her things out of the closet, took her suitcase and started to put them inside, she suddenly sobbed, "How can you be such a father?"

She sat on the floor and rested her forehead on her knees, she refrained from tears because she knew there was no use in crying, but she could not bear to have her father forbid her to be in a happy relationship with George.

She wiped her cheek and continued packing, after which she left the room and went to Charlie's, it was at the end of the hall.

His room was very neat, the walls were full of dragon posters, the dresser was decorated with various ornaments and several dragon figures. The bedding was new, in orange-red. Sports stickers were glued to the closet.