CHAPTER 37

For the next four days, none of Anna's friends came to see her, but she received two letters from them that kept a smile on her face.

She didn't leave the room for days, she felt like her world was collapsing. She missed her friends, their jokes, nonsense and when they would talk together in the living room.

Remus and Sirius tried to cheer up Anna and Borris by telling them childhood stories, but it didn't work.

In the evening, she took a book and read it, lying on her bed.

Small firework exploded, she turned to the window, saw yellow sparks, and made a puzzled face.

She put down the book and went to the window, which she opened, "If I were you Fred, I wouldn't let go of the fireworks, my parents are asleep."

She looked down, thinking it was Fred, but the scars on his face made her heart drop, "George?"

"Sorry if I woke you up," He said softly and rubbed his neck, holding a wand with a light on the top, "How are you?"

"You didn't wake me up, it could have been better honestly, what are you doing here?" She was glad to see him, her heart pounding abnormally.

She couldn't believe he had come to see her, she thought he would never, but here he was, just looking at her with those eyes in love, full of pain.

"Can you come down? I can't talk like this," He looked at her, his eyebrows lowered in hope that she would not refuse to come down.

Anna sighed and looked behind her, showed him a thumbs up and strode out of the room, down the stairs and out, just in shorts and a short T-shirt.

She stood in front of him and folded her arms in a fist, the spring cold wind blew, making her shiver.

"Thank you for coming, I thought you wouldn't," His voice cracked, looking at her again after all those long days, he smiled.

"Please hurry up and say what you have to say, I don't want Remus to wake up," She trembled in her voice and her body froze, George took off his sweatshirt and swung it over her.

"Thank you..."

"I don't want to explain anything to you, and I know, I deserve to suffer, to cry, all the worst, but at least I want you to know the truth," He shoved his hand into his pocket and sighed.

"How can I hear the truth if you won't explain it to me?" She held the sweatshirt over her shoulders and gathered her trembling legs.

When she heard his voice so close again, her legs trembled even more now, not from the cold wind, but from him.

"I don't have the strength to explain, I'll stutter, I'm like that because I'm afraid that you won't believe me again, take your wand and see for yourself," He took two steps back.

"How George?" She didn't know what he was talking about, but again she pulled out her wand that was in her back pocket.

"Use Legilimency on me, Harry tried and proved to everyone in the house that Leilah was lying," He looked at her face which immediately changed to happy.

"Are you sure? Does it hurt? I'm not sure, I've never tried that spell," She quickly said with excitement that she would prove everything to Remus.

"Just do it already," He focused and took a deep breath, "Point wand at me, and say it."

"Okay, okay.." She let her sweatshirt fall of her shoulders and looked straight into his eyes. She swung her wand and said correctly, "Legilimens!"