Suddenly I tripped on a branch and came tumbling down hitting my head hard on a rock in front of me.
My vision blurred and my eyes slowly closed as I blacked out.

But I could just make out three figures in front of me... and one was a woman.
The other two were zombies, with their arms and jaws cut off attached to a chain around her waist. They weren't snapping at her, they just stood their... almost like pets.

The woman had a katana, and she slaughtered every zombie that got close to me with no struggle at all.
She was built for this world.
I could tell.
Soon she had killed every single walker around us and she stood there with her good covering her face and her katana out,
Staring directly at me.

I didn't feel a thing, it was a quick death, I felt no pain

I didn't feel a thing, it was a quick death, I felt no pain... nothing.
Everything just went black.
And I realised in that last second of my life that the world had no mercy anymore, we were done for, and how we used that knowledge was our choice.

Back at the prison/nobody's point of view
The sun rose, Daryl was awake first of course.
He went hunting for breakfast and would you guess- all he found was squirrels.
When everyone was up, they ate their beautiful squirrel breakfast and sharpened their weapons.

Today was the day.

Today was the day they made history.

Today was the day they cleared out the whole prison and started a shiny new life here.

"What do you think Lori's baby is?" Andy asked Isla,
"I don't know really, Lori says she can feel it's a girl and she's the mother so I guess a girl."
"Same," Andy nodded, "God I can't imagine a baby in the group, it's gonna be chaos that's for sure." He laughed.

"Right everyone, me and Daryl have decided we are going to start in the cell block one first!" Rick shouted, "Once we have cleared out cell block one, we will move to the cafeteria and so on!"

Everyone shouted 'Yes!' back and Rick nodded in pride.
"We will beat this world." Rick whispered under his breath.

Andreas point of view
I opened my eyes.
A cool breeze brushed over my forehead from an open window beside me.
I wasn't dead.
Why wasn't I dead?

My arms were tied up together in a big knot of rope and I sat up.
"Take it easy," a voice said, and I froze,
"Who's there?" I yelped as a sting on pain came from my forehead, must've been when I hit it on that rock.

The women looked kind, she had long braids and a bandana wrapped around her head.

"I'm Michonne," she smiled.

Nobody's point of view
Two hours passed and the group were moving fast.
They managed to take out cell block one easily and so they moved on to the cafeteria.
There were a couple close calls, Isla got pinned up against a wall by a walker and it was inches away from taking a big chunk out of her neck.

Katelyn also almost got bitten on the arm but Tom managed to shoot the walker just in time.

By the end of the day the whole prison was empty of walkers, and the group all had a small party to celebrate.
Rick did a speech:

"We finally did it, after a winter of suffering in cold, depressing conditions we did it.
We showed the world that we are survivors, and we do not stop until we find sanctuary. I am so, so grateful to be sharing this moment with you all. In years to come when people are learning about this apocalypse in history lessons- our names will be there. Our names will be there at the very top of the page, because we started something amazing right here at this prison... we restarted the world."

Everyone cheered and Lori got up to hug her husband.
History- that's what this was, and these amazing people were all part of it.