"I can see that." Ace left his backpack in the ground. "I'm asking why are you playing without me?"

"You weren't here." Dressed the same way I was, Rehan calculated his next move and scanned the pillow island on the floor. It was a bit far away , but it was a fifty fifty chance.

With full confidence he jumped aaaaaaaaaand. He made it.

Suddenly his leg slid on the pillows and whoop he was on his back staring at the ceiling. The leg that has slept, sock free, had lunged the said sock towards Ace.

He dodged it.

"Francy is the winner." Ace proclaimed taking the sock from the ground and giving it back to Rehan.

"Wohooo!!!" I jumped happily until I slipped as well and fell on the ouch.

ouch.

"Where is Kai?" He asked.

"We are not on speaking terms." Rehan replied trying to get up.

"Why? I thought we were going to ignore the Italy thing." Ace said worried.

"It's not that." I said, nervous just thinking about it. "It started this morning after you left us to go to the Devil's den. Remi and I were talking and... Kai came over. To talk."

"What?" Ace dropped on the ground. "And?"

"And nothing. Now Remi's got the Kai fever. She said hi, he said hi , she said hi he said hi and she was out. She avoided Kai."

"And when they got home..." Rehan took off the shirt from his legs. "He was so testy and irritated by everything that he got angry when we wanted to play this game instead of homework."

"And he called Rehan childlish." I said annoyed.

"He called Francy a pain in the ass." Rehan exhaled. "That boy is out of control I tell you."

"Relax. He will be fine. It's just a momentary feeling of rejection. He will be back to normal by tonight." Ace said and then pulled us both to sit on the couch next to him.

He put his arms around us and hugged us really tight.

"What's with the affectionate mood?" I asked suspiciously.

"I'm just so happy. Life is just.. you think god doesn't favor people, but I'm having a pretty good life."

"What made you so happy?" Rehan asked.

"I finally touched his heart." Ace wiped a fake tear. "He finally warmed up to me."

"Lucy." Me and Rehan said in sync nodding at each other.

"Babies, we are home and we are hungry." Mom yelled as she and dad walked in the living room.

"Awww..." She sighed and touched her chest happy when she saw us. And then she saw the mess. "Oh."

"We are gonna clean up." I quickly said.

"We swear." Rehan jumped on his feet getting the pillows off the ground.

"Mom...dad.." Ace walked forward and hugged them.

"Oh." Dad was confused but hugged him back.

Mom rubbed his back. "What is it honey?"

"I'm bringing over someone for dinner." He said.

Me and Rehan instantly gave each other a look.

"A girl?" Dad asked.

"Nope. My best friend. I think it's time for you to meet him."

"A friend? You're bringing over a friend?" Mom asked excitedly. She has been dying to meet Ace's friends and has been bothering him for all eternity.

She would always say, when you were young i knew all your friends.. but now..you don't need your mother any more..

The guilt-tripping never worked in Ace. However now she had her wish.

"Oh then I better cancel plans if we have any. When are you bringing him?" She asked.

"This weekend." He said excitedly and then turned towards dad. "You're gonna love him. We are building this great business that we are even going to run in college. I mean he started out but now he is.. oh dad. He is a genius. I can't wait to tell you everything."

Mom and dad were beaming.

Me and Rehan slowly backed away from the living room and straight to Kai's room.

We slammed the door open and closed it shut behind us.

"Excuse you?" Kai threw his headphones off and closed the math book. "If you're here for homew..."

We stopped him before he had time to finish his sentence.

"Ace is bringing Lucy over for dinner." Rehan whispered.

"And he told mom and dad and they are so happy about it." I added

Kai was in shock. "I know why.. Oh I know why. Shit."

We came closer to hear the reason.

"It might be my fault." He said with a guilty face.

"What?" We gasped.

"Ace told me to do some number check ups for Lucy's business. I mean he didn't tell me what it was but it's me, so i kind of knew what was going on. I did a pretty good job, if I might add. So i think Lucy was so impressed he befriended Ace."

"Oh my god." I tried to take a breath. "This means we have to like Lucy now. Mom and Dad will meet him and approve of him because it's the only friend Ace ever brought home. Ace will never forgive us if we fuck this up for him."

"That means I have to be normal." Rehan grabbed my shoulders. "How can I be normal?"

"What if he tried to spy on us and sell intel." I said worried. "What will you do if he finds out all your secrets?" I shook Rehan.

Rehan was full on panic mode now.

"Let's not jump to conclusions. From what I saw on those numbers his business is legit. I don't think he is a criminal. Numbers don't lie. I say we give him a chance." Kai said. "For Ace."

I let go of all my hesitation. He was right. This was for Ace. "For Ace."

Rehan whined but nodded "For Ace."

And once again the siblings had voted and reached a decision.