A Little Convincing

Start from the beginning

"Of course he wants to marry you, who wouldn't?" Penelope said, causing Y/N to smile, "And he wants to start a family with you, he loves you so much."

Y/N gave Penelope a small smile, "Thanks. Anyway, I should get back to work, see you later, Pen." After Y/N left the room, Penelope sent a picture of the ring that Y/N liked straight to Derek.

Derek heard his phone buzz. He looked down at it and saw a picture of a ring with a message. She likes this one. Derek looked over at Spencer who was completely engrossed in his work. He messaged Penelope that he would take Spencer to get the ring after work.

Later that day, Hotch allowed everyone to go home early due to most of the work being complete. Spencer shot up ready to leave as quickly as possible but Derek approached him.

"Pretty boy, you and I are going out." Derek said, placing a hand on Spencer's shoulder guiding him away.

"Why? I was going to leave with Y/N." Spencer said, looking around for his girlfriend.

"She's leaving with Penelope, JJ and Emily, they're having a girl's night. I overheard them talking about it." Derek hadn't heard them talk about having a girls night, all he knew was that Penelope was going to do something with Y/N while he and Spencer went to buy the ring.

"But-" Spencer tried to walk away from Derek once again, but Derek had a firm hand on his shoulder.

"No, no, we're going out." Derek said and before Spencer knew it, Derek was driving him to a jewelry store.

"What are we doing here?" Spencer asked, a confused expression gracing his features.

"Getting this. You brought money right?" Derek said, holding up his phone to show the picture of the ring Penelope sent him earlier that day.

"What? No, no. We're not getting that. Derek I told you, she probably doesn't want to marry me." Spencer said, and began to walk away from Derek, slightly annoyed that he had brought him here.

"I can assure you she wants to marry you, Reid." Derek said, looking at his friend who had stopped in his tracks.

"And how do you know that? Did she tell you? Because why wouldn't she tell me." Spencer said.

"I just know okay, but she does want to get married. I can promise you that." Derek said.

Spencer was silent for a moment. He looked at the photo on Derek's phone and looked at the jewelry store they were standing in front of. Spencer sighed before taking the phone from Derek and walking into the store. Before her could change his mind, he bought the ring right away and threw away the receipt.

When Spencer exited the store with the small velvet box in his hand, he couldn't help but smile. If Derek was right about Y/N wanting to get married, he was going to marry the love of his life. However, if he was wrong, then Spencer would just be left with the constant reminder that Y/N didn't want to marry him.

Derek clapped Spencer on the back, a smile on his face as well, "Now there's only one thing left to do."

***

Y/N was sitting on her desk, she had left with Penelope but they had quickly returned when Penelope said that she had forgotten something. Y/N fiddled with the bracelet around her wrist. It was the bracelet Spencer got her for their one year anniversary. Since it had been placed on her wrist, she hadn't taken it off much. It was one of her most prized possessions.

Y/N's mind drifted to Spencer. She was confused as to why Derek was so eager to leave with him since Y/N and Spencer planned on leaving and going out for dinner. He had been acting strange for the last couple of days so Y/N had made dinner reservations. She thought it would help him relax. Penelope reassured her that Derek only needed Spencer's help with something.

Somebody cleared their throat causing Y/N's to snap her head up. Spencer stood there clutching his bag strap. Y/N smiled as she approached him. She pecked his lips before taking his hands in hers.

"I thought you needed to help Derek with something?" Y/N asked.

Spencer cleared his throat again, "It's all sorted out."

"Oh well, if it's all sorted out do you still want to go out for our dinner, I'm sure Penelope won't mind." Y/N said, lacing her fingers with his.

"Of course, I'd love to," Spencer said, suddenly feeling nervous, "But there's something I need to do first."

Y/N's eyebrows furrowed at Spencer's sudden change in demeanor, "Are you okay? You seem nervous."

"I'm fine, it's just that I, um, I want to ask you-" Spencer cut himself off, suddenly at a loss for words, which didn't happen often.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Y/N placed her hand on Spencer's forehead, "You're not coming down with anything, are you?"

"No, I'm fine, don't worry," Spencer sighed, "I just wanted to ask you if you would marry me?"

Y/N slowly removed her hand from Spencer's forehead, "What?"

"I asked if you want to marry me?" Spencer said, with some more confidence.

A smile broke out across Y/N's face, "You're asking me to marry you?" She said happily.

Spencer smiled slightly, "Yeah."

"Of course I'll marry you!" Y/N exclaimed, wrapping her arms around Spencer's neck and pulling him in for a hug, pressing a kiss to the side of his neck.

Spencer wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her close to his body, breathing out a sigh of relief. The two stood there for a while before someone cleared their throat. The two broke away from each other and found their entire team standing there with smiles on their faces. No one said anything for a moment before Derek spoke up.

"The ring?"

Spencer's eyes widened before he reached into his bag and pulled out a small velvet box. He opened it to show Y/N the ring and she gasped before looking at Penelope, "You!" Penelope only smiled, her eyes glistening with tears. She was beyond happy for her friends.

Spencer took the ring out of the box and slid the ring onto Y/N's finger. He brought her hand up to his lips and placed a kiss on her knuckles. Y/N placed her hands on either side of Spencer's face before bringing him closer, connecting their lips. Their team cheered for them but all Y/N and Spencer could focus on was each other.

They pulled away after a moment and smiled at each other, "I know it wasn't the perfect proposal-" Spencer started but he was cut off.

"It was perfect to me." Y/N said before she pressed her lips to his once again.

✧❀❀❀✧