fighter | t. konecny

Start from the beginning

It felt like forever since the two of them had been alone, always having other teammates or wags around, or James.

But the privacy was well appreciated.

"What's up James ass tonight?" Travis asked, peeking over at the woman from his pint of beer.

Sighing softly, Y/N glanced at the man in question- catching his narrowed eyes from across the room. "He doesn't like me coming here... doesn't like me hanging out with the team..." she mumbled.

Travis instantly matched the boyfriend's gaze. "Or he doesn't like you hanging out with me?" He asked lowly.

Noticing Y/N's hesitation, Travis got the answer he was looking for. "You shouldn't let him dictate who you are and aren't friends with." He told her, almost as if he was bestowing some elderly wisdom upon her.

The girl smiled, placing her hand onto his thigh. "That's why I'm here." She reassured him.

Throughout the night, Y/N made has of her time by bouncing back and forth between her friends and James. Every time she went to hang out with Travis or one of the other girls, jams would get uptight.

Finally the man had enough and walked towards her as she was chatting with one of the girls. "Let's go." His voice was rough and didn't leave any room for argument.

With his hand tightly gripping Y/N's arm, his words were slurred and it was obvious he was drunk.

Y/N sent a pleading look towards the girls before she sighed. Agreeing to leave with James, she didn't want to cause a scene.

As James practically man handled her towards the door, y/N grabbed her bag and purse, tugging them over her shoulders as she attempted to keep up with him.

All the while, James was muttering under his breath about how Y/N embarrassed him and was being an idiot.

They stumbled outside the bar, James fighting for his keys inside his pocket. "Babe just let me drive-" she knew that he was drunk.

Spinning around, James grabbed both of her arms, holding so tight that the woman was sure she would have bruises- she gasped and tried to squeeze out of his touch but he was much larger and stronger than her.

"You must think I'm a fool huh? You brought me out here tonight just so I could watch you parade around with Travis." He accused.

Y/N's eyes widened and she felt fear erupt through her chest like a wildfire. "No- I didnt!" She protested, but James Bates that answer.

He shook her violently and snarled. "You're a lying bitch-" he went to tug her into the car just as the guys came out from the bar, the girls with them as they were looking for Y/N.

One of them had spoken up about how thy were worried for the girl's safety. Travis was he first to jump up and demand they go make sure she was alright.

Noticing the commotion, the guys made their way over with Travis leading the charge. When they saw how rough James was getting, they stepped in.

Or Travis stepped in.

He grabbed James' wrist and pushed him off of Y/N. "back off." He warned, voice dangerously low and eyes threatening.

James in his drunken state thought that it was a good idea to challenge Travis, sizing him up before running his mouth again.

"What? Worried I'm gonna take your little slu-" the words couldn't even cross his lips completely before Travis has swung his fists, a right hook driving straight into james' jaw.

The man tumbled to the ground with blood leaking from his mouth. Staring up at the pair with hatred as Y/N gasped. "Travis!" She grabbed his arm and pulled him back, the hockey players eyes never leaving the ground.

"If you ever touch her again- you're gonna wish all I did was hit you." He spat at james' feet before walking away, arms wrapped around Y/N just in case james decided to get any ideas.

Y/N looked at the guys and girls who were watching them. "It's okay-" she reassured them. "Trav? Let me drive you home." She glanced at him.

Her words may have been kind, but her gaze was one that couldn't be fought against.

Sighing softly, he nodded and grabbed his coat from inside before tossing her the keys. She was more sober than he was so it was actually a good idea.

By the time they arrived back at Travis' apartment, Y/N sighed softly. Siri in the c at with her hands clenching the steering wheel.

"What you did wasn't okay." She mumbled.

Instantly Travis' eyes widened. "What I did?! Y/N he grabbed you for fucks sakes! He called you a slut and a bitch- I saw it all!" He growled.

He couldn't believe that she was trying to scold him right now.

"That doesn't give you the right to punch my boyfriend!" She spoke harshly, whipping her head around towards him she didn't know what to do.

Travis snapped irritably. "Why? Because he loves you so much?" He shook his head and got out of the car, slamming the door. "He doesn't love you like I do." He snarled.

Y/N heard him from behind the glass, it may have been muffled, but she could hear it.

Quickly getting out of the car, she stopped him. "What is that supposed to mean?" She spike nervously.

Travis winced, he didn't think that she had heard him. Deciding to bite the bullet, there was no going back. "I love you- and you've been oblivious because of James... I understand if you don't feel the same- but you deserve someone better than that prick." He pointed back in the direction of the bar.

Y/N gulped, instantly walking over and pulling Travis close to her. She wrapped her arms around him. "I wish you would have said something..." she spoke softly.

Travis stiffened. "What?"

Blushing embarrassedly, the girl hummed. "You're right about me being oblivious- I was waiting to tell you I had feelings once I thought you felt the same..."

The man smiled brightly and let out a chuckle pulling her close so he could kiss the top of her head.

Y/N looked up at him with a grin. "Does that mean you're okay with this?" She asked.

Travis smirked. "You'll have to break up with James and then we can talk."

"Deal."