they dont know about us | m. marner

Start from the beginning

At least the man was catching on, he realized that things must be pretty serious between Y/N and Mitch in order for them to keep it a secret for so long.

Their conversation was filled with questions from Auston, prompting Mitch to answers things such as, how they had bene dating, if they had slept together, who's decision it was to keep things a secret. They had started dating shortly after they met- going out a few times and then Mitch asking her to be his girlfriend at the end of June. They had been dating for roughly three and a half months now ad Auston was genuinely surprised that they had managed to hide it for so long. They had slept together a couple times which explained the hickeys and claw marks on the back of Mitch's shoulders. It was a mutual decision between them to keep things a secret, but it had been originally suggested by Y/N. She wanted Mitch and Morgan to focus on hockey, and she didn't know how Morgan would react. They needed to be teammates in order to win the games and adding in a relationship would make things worse. Especially if Morgan didn't approve.

Relief flooded over Mitch as Auston promised not to tell anyone. He would do his best to cover for the slightly older man, but he thought the two of them should tell Morgan soon.

After a phone call to Y/N in which Mitch explained his decision to tell Auston, the two of them headed down to the locker room- getting ready for warm-ups. Rogers place arena already had a few fans walking around it's halls- people getting in line early or grabbing food at the bar across the street. It was game night and the various seas of orange and blue jerseys mixed with the Toronto jerseys were starting to appear.

The guys were sitting in the locker room, lacing up their skates and getting geared up when Morgan walked in. Everyone was laughing and having a good time as music flooded from the speakers- they were excited and pumped to hopefully win a game that night. As Mitch took off his shirt, the boys hooted and hollered, noticing the scratches on his back and a few hickeys littered across his collar bone. He chirped back and them and smirked- he knew he was getting action and he didn't care what they thought.

That was until Auston slipped. "Little Riley does quite the number on ya huh?" He shoved Mitch's shoulder- suddenly all colour drained from his face and Mitch looked up in panic. Morgan's face dropped all evidence of a smile. His posture immediately became rigid and he stood up straight. "She does what?'' His voice was low and blunt, his eyes filling with fire.

Immediately the atmosphere in the locker room shifted for the worse, everyone was tense as they waited to see what happened. Mitch stood up and held his hands out in defence. "Morgan its not like that-" he tried to start apologizing but within a matter of seconds, Morgan had grabbed him by the shirt and pushed him against the wall. The guys jumped up and ran over, working to separate them. Morgan had no intention on punching Mitch, but he was certainly going to talk. "You're fucking my sister? She's not some puck punny Marner!' He growled, slamming him back in to the wall.

Auston clawed at Morgan's shoulders, attempting to pull him off. "Its not like that dude." He quickly spoke, Mitch trying to defend himself. "Im dating her-" he tried to rectify the situation but their captain shook his head- giving him a look that basically said, 'shut up while you're ahead'

To say the team dynamic was great that night would have been a lie. Morgan was shooting glares at Marner all night and he refused to talk to him.

The man had resorted to being petty, letting Marner get hit by a big check from Kassian, he had to opportunity to protect him but his anger got the best of him. Marner wasn't hurt, but it was a clear sign that Morgan was pissed off.

When they returned home from the trip, Morgan refused to even talk to Mitch- he stormed out of the arena and headed home, dreading the fact that he was going to see Y/N and instantly think of everything she had done with his teammate. Y/N knew that Morgan found out about her and Mitch before he even got home. As soon as the game ended, Mitch had called her in a fit of tears- telling everything. He was terrified that he was going to lose her. After reassuring him that Morgan would get over it and they would be fine, she hung up and paced around the house- anticipating her brother's arrival.

Standing up from the living room couch as soon as he walked in, Y/N went to speak- only being met with Morgan raising his hand and stopping her. "Don't." His voice was firm and harsh, trailing behind him as he walked into his bedroom and slammed the door. He left Y/N alone in a fit of tears- frustration and worry clouding her judgement for the next few days.

He barely spoke a word to her through the next week, he was being petty and stewing in his emotions. But when Y/N had invited Mitch over to the house and set them both down on the couch to talk things out- he knew he could no longer hide.

"Morgan- I love you... I'm sorry that I kept this from you, but I wanted to be sure that me and Mitch were going to be a long term thing... and with his history of girl's in the press- I didn't want to be all over the internet." She began to explain her side of the story. It was hard but it had to be done.

Mitch nodded softly, holding her hand tightly. "I wanted to tell you, but we didn't want to do it right away. We were enjoying getting comfortable in our relationship without other people's opinions clouding how we felt... The intention was to have us keep a strong teammate friendship, because the last thing we need is for your sister and I's relationship to ruin our chances at winning as a team." Mitch explained himself.

Morgan instantly felt like a dick head. He could see that the two were in love. "Im sorry- I shouldn't have let kassian hit you like that... and Y/N im sorry I shut you out- I was hurt that you lied to me about this and that you didn't trust me enough to tell me." He sighed- there were always two sides to the story. It just happened to be that this time there was also a third.

The three of them made up and Morgan gave Mitch the run down of rules and how he expected his sister to be treated. "Also- please don't have sex here... I don't wanna walk in on that." Morgan begged. The young couple flushed bright pink and nodded.

They already had that under control.