if walls could talk | s. crosby

Start from the beginning

Pushing his hands away, Y/N gulped. She pressed her lips into a thin line and shook her head. "You forgot? Its our tenth anniversary sid- I know that we haven't exactly been close lately but- Jesus I never thought you would forget about me..." the girl's eyes were filled with hurt and as she looked down at her clothes she felt like an idiot. She should have known better.

There was a twist of pain into her chest and she shook her head. "I don't understand Sidney... First it was date night last month- then it was getting mad at me when I chose the kid's recital over your hockey game... and now? You've forgotten our anniversary- our tenth! And you just don't want to go?" She couldn't process it.

Where had the family man she married gone?

When they first got married, Sidney was so hands on. He loved spending nights at home with the kids and he was with Y/N every step of the way during both pregnancies- they made things work. But now it was like the honeymoon effect had worn off and he just didn't think it was important anymore.

Y/N knew that Sidney loved Tyler and Emily more than anything, but it was almost like she was his roommate and not his wife.

Sidney shook his head and followed his wife through the home- walking into the bedroom like a lost puppy. "Babe please... We can go for diner! I'll get a shower and throw on a suit! We can take the kids to gene's I'm sorry!" He sighed- he really was, but Y/N could tell that he didn't really want to go out.

Letting out a bitter scoff, she started ripping her jewelry out of her ears. "Thats not the point Sidney! The point is that You're being such a shitty dad and husband lately! When was the last time that you came home at a decent hour just to read the kids a bedtime story?!" She fired at him.

Stripping out of her dress and throwing her pyjamas on, she crossed her arms. "When was the last time we had a night to ourselves? When was the last time we had sex?!" As he stood there gaping like a fish, she rolled her eyes. "Thats right! You don't know! Because you have been so absent in this family lately!" She accused him.

Sidney pulled at his hair and shook his head. "Thats fucking rich Y/N- I gave you everything, I gave you this house, I gave you a family-" he started to protest but the woman was having none of it. She pushed at his chest and hit his arm as tears started pouring down her cheeks. "You took away from me! I wanted a job but you said no! You wanted someone to be home with the kids! I moved my entire life to Pittsburgh! I left my job for you!" She gasped.

Wiping her makeup off frustratedly, she grabbed a pillow and blanket- swinging the bedroom door open and ready to thrown his shit down the stairs for him to sleep on the couch. But there was Tyler and Emily standing there with wide, tear-filled eyes, lips trembling as they listened to their parent's fight.

"Mommy?" The little boy whimpered softly.

Instantly Sidney muttered under his breath, receiving a harsh glare from Y/N, he watched as she put the blankets and pillows down and swooped the two children up into her arms- walking them into their bedroom.

As Sidney sat against the edge of the bed, he thought about everything. He really had been taking the role as a back-seat father. He wasn't as involved as he should have been, he was being selfish. Everything was so easy for him and he didn't realize it was because he hadn't been helping out at home and that he was putting all the weight of the family onto his wife. He of course provided for them financially, but that wasn't what he needed to do.

Picking himself up and changing his clothes- he washed his hair in the sink before drying off and starting to walk towards the kid's shared bedroom. He paused at the door as he heard His wife speaking in a low weak and teary voice to the kids- doing her best to reassure them that everything was fine.