Part 34: The last Chapter

[Gemma's POV]

It was Christmas Eve and Peter and I had a date planned, he had planned for us to go to a fancy restaurant. I had brought a new dress just for the occasion, it was a red strappy skater dress and I had paired it with some red heels that I borrowed from Natasha and a long black coat. I curled my hair similar to how I had at the Christmas party with red lipstick that matched the dress, with my suit necklace on.

I went downstairs to where Happy was waiting for me, but first I bumped into dad. 'Wow honey! You look so beautiful!' He said to me, giving me a twirl and I laughed slightly.
'Thank you, dad.' I said smiling, 'Hey, did you finish Peter's Christmas present?' I asked and dad started fumbling around in his pocket,
'Yeah of course!' And he pulled out a small black box.
'Amazing! Thank you dad.' I said and hugged him tightly, 'Now I need to get going I don't want to be late.' I said picking up my bag and heading for the door.
"Have fun!" He shouted after me.

When I got to the restaurant, Peter was already outside waiting for me. 'You look amazing!' I said when I saw him, he really did, he had just a normal suit on but looked so enticing.
'Hey! I should be the one saying that!' He said but he was blushing slightly. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he pulled me in close and shared a fiery kiss, 'Happy Christmas Stark.' He said to me quietly,
'Happy Christmas Parker.' I said back, kissing him again.

[Peter's POV]

We sat by a table next to the window and had a great time. We talked about everything you could imagine, but when it got to desert I couldn't wait to give Gemma her present any longer. I gave her the book first, 'How did you find this?' She said, examining the book, running her finger over the the indented words on the hardback cover,
'Ah, I can't reveal my secrets.' She went to get her gift for me out, 'Oh hang on I'm not done!' I cautioned and pulled out a gift box that May had helped me wrap.

'Peter...' She said taking the box, 'You really didn't need to...' She looked at me so lovingly it felt like we were the only two in the room. 'You're right, I didn't need to but I wanted to. Now open it!' I urged her and she started opening the box and pulled out the gift. It was a charm bracelet. I had gotten her 3 charms on it too, a 'P', 'G', and a heart, all silver. She looked at me dotingly, 'Peter, I love it.' She said, looking like she was about to cry.
'Let me help you put it on.' I replied, she extended her hand and I did up the clasp for her.

Gemma then rummaged in her bag and took out two presents wrapped in green wrapping paper with red bows, but only handed me one of them, 'Open this one first.' She ordered excitedly, so I did as I was told and unwrapped it. It was a silver photo frame with a photo of us from the night of the Christmas party. 'If you don't like the photo I can change it, I know it might not be the best memory but we were all dressed up and-' She babbled but I grabbed her hand and she stopped mid-word.
'Hey, all I take away from that night was the amazing time we had. Dancing and laughing and you looking drop dead gorgeous. I love it.' I protested, I really did love it, as far as I was concerned, what happened was a completely separate incident- which it was pretty much.

She smiled and bit her lip, 'Okay open this one now.' She demanded enthusiastically, passing me another smaller present. Once again I opened the wrapping paper and there was a black box and I didn't quite understand what it was inside. It was a skin coloured patch. I must have had a puzzled look on my face because Gemma started laughing. 'Come on Parker, you're smart, figure it out.' She taunted softly. I had no idea.

'It's a coms patch, it goes behind your ear. Dad and I have been working on them for a while and we've only made 2 so far, one for you and one for me. It doesn't ever need charging or a new battery because it generates its own power from your heart rate. Plus it has a tracker so I'll always be able to find you.' Gemma explained happily. I was absolutely astonished, It was amazing, so tiny and light with so much tech. I gasped slightly,
'Gemma, this is incredible!'
'Put it on then!' and so I did, just behind my left ear as she had instructed. Gemma turned her back to me, which at first confused me but then I heard her over the patch, 'Is it working?' It was so clear like I could hear her inside my head,
'Yeah! Gemma, this is so cool!' I replied back fairly quietly. Gemma tuned back around grinning from ear to ear.

We finished our desert and I walked Gemma back to where she had said she was meeting Happy to come and get her. We walked slowly to maximise our time together, 'Peter, isn't it crazy that the cute boy I met in a sandwich shop in queens, is also spider-man and the love of my life?' She remarked,
'You think that's crazy? Gemma, I not only met the love of my life in a sandwich shop, I also met Tony Stark's half alien daughter!' I said back,
'Yeah, okay, you win.' She sniggered, pulling my tie, bringing me closer towards her and kissed me.

'Do you know how much I love you?' I said to her after I had pulled away,
'This much?' She answered holding out her arms as far as they would stretch and we both laughed,
'Hmmm, try wider.' I said making her laugh again.
'Well, I love you just as much, if not wider.' Gemma argued back to me cutely.

As we got closer to where Happy was, I didn't want to say goodbye. I started walking even slower and Gemma tried to match me but it was quite difficult. 'When can I see you next Peter? I know tomorrow is Christmas and all but don't want to go too long.'
'I can probably swing by tomorrow afternoon, I think May has some stuff to do with her job.'
'See, to anyone else, 'swing by' is a metaphor.' She said laughing which made me laugh too.

We got to the car, 'Well then, I shall see you tomorrow afternoon, Spidey Boy, I love you.'
'I love you too, so much, call me when you get home?' I requested, kissing her for the last time,
'Definitely.' She said sweetly as she pulled herself away from me reluctantly. It was the perfect end to a perfect night and I had everything I could have ever wanted.

NOTE: Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed this story, please vote and comment I would love to hear from you all :)