Part 29:

[Gemma's POV]

It was Christmas time, in New York. Probably my favourite time of year. Much better than in LA, there weren't really seasons in LA, just different types of T-shirts.

The air was crisp, the trees were bare and a week before Christmas it started to snow; of course with my newfound powers, I would have just made it snow anyway.

Before we moved from Avengers tower, we would have an annual Christmas party. We'd invite hundreds of people, but I would have to watch from my bedroom. As, technically, I didn't exist... As I was never able to attend, I would watch dad and everyone else showing off in-front of the rich and famous- alone.

But this year was different, as I was now an actual part of society, I was allowed to attend, just as a Stark industries intern though. As technically, Tony Stark still didn't have a daughter, and I didn't have a proper superhero alias yet. 

Dad said I could invite Peter as well, as far as anyone else knew, he was also an intern at Stark industries. We had finished for school a few days ago and Peter had been quite busy with Aunt May and Ned, and trying not to get caught by this Ray guy, so I hadn't seen as much of him as we thought we would. He had snuck through my window a couple of nights and spent a few hours with me but that was all, but we had been video-chatting a lot and texting too.

I on the other hand, had spent most of my time in the lab with dad, working on upgrades for everyone's suits. For mine, dad and I had been working on a similar design to Black Panther's. It was all hidden in a necklace, which was a star. The suit was pretty much the same as before, colours and all; basically the same as my moms but a bit more modern. I had mainly been working on the mask. I wanted it to have the same tech as dad's watch that turned into the iron hand. I had been trying to put it into my earrings so that simply with one touch my mask would form. Unlike Peter's, my mask only covered my eyes and part of my nose and I had finally finished working out how to put the anti glare in the eyes.

Dad and I were busy working away on the suits in the lab, mine was almost done and we were working on some upgrades for Natasha's Black Widow suit and Wanda's Scarlet witch suit, 'Did you invite Peter to the Christmas party on Friday?' Dad asked, while working on some wiring,
'Crap, I forgot, I'll text him in a minute once I've got th-' I started, I was busy trying to get the earrings to work as every time I thought I had finished, a new problem arose, 'Yes!' I shouted as finally, I had a fully functioning mask. Dad looked up and held up a hand,
'Nice work Peanut!' I gave him a high five, 'Now, Peter, or you'll forget and then Friday will come round and you'll be bored. Let me look at the mask.' He was right I would forget, I'd get buried deep in a new project and it'd slip my mind completely.

[Gemma]
What are you doing this
Friday night? :) <3

I put my phone back down to see dad looking enviously at my mask. 'You know, I was definitely not as smart as you are at your age.' He said looking enviously at my tech, I gave him a smug smile and then my phone went off,

[Spidey Boy]
Nothing, maybe movie night
with May I suppose, how
come? <3

[Gemma]
Fancy coming to a Christmas
party? Avengers style? <3

[Spidey Boy]
Hell yes! As Spider-Man, or
Peter? :) <3

[Gemma]
Peter, we are Stark Industries
interns :) <3

[Spidey Boy]
Nice, would be nice to be actually
telling May the truth for once. We're
going to have a great time :) <3

[Gemma]
Great! Can't wait to see you all
dressed up, you might even
look more handsome than usual  ;) <3

[Spidey Boy]
Oh god, need to dig out some fancy
clothes... You're going to look so
incredible :) <3

[Gemma]
Hehe, love you. Come over at 
7:30, party starts at 8. See you
tomorrow? <3

[Spidey Boy]
Of course, love you too :)
See you tomorrow my love <3

I put my phone down, smiling to myself, 'Do I want to know?' Dad said examining Nat's new and improved suit.
'We were just talking about what we were wearing for the party.'
'Sure, sure. Either way, I don't think I do.' He concluded and I giggled.

I went upstairs to order a new dress for the party. I wanted to look my best for my first proper party. After some serious deliberation with Wanda, I settled on a dark green velvet off the shoulder mini dress. Her pick was a similar one but not velvet and red, but I thought the green would bring my eyes out best.

[Peter's POV]

I had to find an outfit for this Christmas party. There was no doubt that Gem was going to look amazing regardless, so I needed an outfit worthy of her. 'May!' I shouted, and she came running in,
'What is it? Everything okay?' She looked panicked,
'Yeah... I'm going to a Stark Industries party with Gemma on Friday and I want to look my best for her.' I said and I could feel myself blushing slightly.
'Oh my gosh! This is so cute! We need to find you a great look then. We'll see what you've got but I think we're going to need to go shopping.' May was so excited she looked like she was going to explode.
'Okay! Okay!' I laughed and we went rummaging through my closet.

After 3 hours, 7 outfit changes and a shopping trip, May and I finally decided on what I was going to wear. It was a black suit with a black tie and a dark red shirt. 'Oh my, you look so grown up!' May exclaimed, grabbing my cheeks and kissing me on the forehead, 'Now take it off before you rip it or spill something on it!' She instructed, walking out of the room as she did.

While we had been out shopping I had also gotten Gemma a Christmas present. It was a first edition copy of The Princess Bride, her favourite movie that also happened to be her favourite book, and without even looking for it, May and I found it in a bookstore while she was looking at cook books. I knew she was going to love it.