Part 12:

[Gemma's POV]

Another week went by and life was so good. I had proper friends! We hung out all the time at school and even had a group chat where we just had a good laugh. I felt myself being a lot happier and the rest of my family noticed too. I was even training better according to Nat.

It was a Thursday, almost 2 weeks since I had started school and pretty much a month since I first met Peter. After school I was talking to Peter while I waited for my text from Happy to say he was round the corner, but it didn't come. So I decided to give him a ring and Peter insisted on waiting with me so I stepped aside to call him.
'Hey happy! Just wondering where you are.' I asked,
'Oh hey kiddo, I'm actually here with your dad so I'll let him talk to you about it.' This was strange,
'Hey peanut! Can you go to one of your friend's for a bit after school, maybe that MJ girl?' Dad asked,
'Yeah sure... What's happened?' I was getting a bit worried, dad never usually kept anything from me.
'Happy, Nat, Steve and I have to go on a recon mission hon. To LA. So there isn't anyone to pick you up or anything right now, but Pepper will be back from Toronto in a couple hours and she'll be able to come get you.' I hadn't seen Pepper in ages, she was always doing stuff for Stark Industries and I knew dad missed her a lot. She was basically like my mom since my actual mom had died, even if she wasn't around a lot. We had a family call every couple of days, and when she was home we spent loads of time together because she didn't have to work. 'Okay dad, love you.'
'Love you too, Gem.' I hung up and made her way back to Peter.

'Hey, is everything okay?' Peter asked, I looked down at my phone,I was still so confused by that conversation,
'Yeah, yeah...' I looked up, 'Would I be able to hang out with you at your place for a bit? My place is a bit far and nobody can come to pick me up.' I felt a bit presumptuous asking but at the same time this felt like a great opportunity to get to know Peter a bit better. His eyes lit up and he smiled, 'Of course! Let's get going.' He seemed really happy about it.

On the way home we talked over our favourite things, books, movies, shows, everything and we had a lot in common. 'Wait! How have you never seen the Princess Bride?' I declared, it was my favourite movie; it should be everyone's favourite movie.
'I just haven't! But you haven't seen the original ghostbusters so how can you talk!' Peter retaliated and we both laughed.
'You have to come round and watch it sometime though, I have the unedited directors copy on DVD.' After I said this I realised it would probably never happen. Not like I could invite him round to the facility. 'It's a date!' Peter declared and I looked at him trying to hide my smile, and so was he.

Suddenly, it started raining, absolutely pouring and neither of us had coats. We both simultaneously stopped in the street and looked at each other. I wanted so badly to tell him that I liked him; but I knew if I did it would be impossible to not tell him who I really was, but I needed to tell him. 'Peter I-' I didn't get a chance to tell him because before I could get the words out he put both his hands on my face and kissed me. It felt like all of my feelings coming out at once, like fireworks through my whole body. I guess he felt the same. I put my hands around his neck and felt myself smiling in our kiss and so was he. He pulled away, 'Wow.' Peter said, pulling my head to his so our foreheads were against each other. 'Yeah, wow.' I agreed and bit my lower lip slightly. 'We should probably get out of the rain!' I said laughing and Peter nodded and he lead the way once more.

We finally reached his apartment building and made our way upstairs where he opened the door to his apartment. He showed me round, his room, his aunt's room, kitchen and the others. It was so lovely and homey. Something that the facility definitely was not.

'Do you want to borrow some clothes? Yours are completely soaked.' He chuckled, I looked down at my jeans and t shirt which, like he said were completely soaked.
'Yes please.' I laughed back. He disappeared into his room and came out with some sweatpants and the T-shirt he had been wearing the day we met. 'You said you liked it in the Deli so I thought you could wear it.' He said smiling, 'You can get changed in the bathroom.'
'Thank you.' I said and made my way into the bathroom. I took off my wet clothes and put on Peter's. They were a bit oversized but I liked that, and they smelt of him, which I loved. I made my way out of the bathroom and saw Peter getting changed in his bedroom. He had left the door open a little. He was standing in his room, shirtless, rummaging through his draws. I knew he was strong, but he was absolutely ripped. I couldn't take my eyes away.

He put a T-shirt on and started talking to himself in the mirror, but I couldn't make out what he was saying. He was so goofy I loved it. I put my wet clothes next to my bag and when I looked up Peter had come out. He was smiling, his smile was amazing.