Part 25:

[Peter's POV]

That night at Gemma's I struggled to sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened, and what could of happened... but also about Gemma joining the Avengers. I knew she could handle herself but the thought of her being in danger made my stomach turn. I didn't feel as though being on missions with her was a great idea either, what if we were in the middle of a fight and I saw her get hurt, I couldn't just ignore it, but at the same time I couldn't drop everything I was doing to help her; that's not what being a Superhero is about.

I looked over to her on the other side of the bed where Gem was laying. She looked so gorgeous in her sleep, and seeing her there, peaceful and helpless only made me worry more, but the more I tried not to think about all of my worries, the more I did.

Eventually, I managed to fall asleep, I probably worried so much my brain got tired and conked out on me.

The next morning I woke up and Gemma had cuddled herself into me reading a book. It took me a minute to come out of my sleepy haze, and when I had woken up a bit more I kissed the top of her head and she turned to look up at me. 'Morning sleepy head.' She smiled,
'Hey,' I smiled back, 'I'm not usually a late sleeper, just bit of a restless night.'
'Oh, how come?' She said concerned, her brow furrowed.
'Not sure, maybe I was just too excited still.' I said jokingly and Gem laughed too, putting down her book and kissed me gently.

Abruptly, the door swung open, it was Mr Stark, he opened his mouth to say something before looking at me and his expression changing from cheery to pissed off. 'Kid...' He pointed at me, 'what are you doing in my daughter's bed?' He asked trying to hide his anger slightly, but not doing a very good job of it.

I jumped out of the bed, but as I did I realised I didn't have a shirt on, I looked down and grabbed a pillow off Gemma's bed to cover my torso. My mouth was open but no words were coming out, luckily Gemma came to my rescue. 'Dad! I needed Peter to stay! If you're going to be mad at anyone be mad at me!' She insisted, Mr Stark raised hie eyebrows and looked around in shock,
'Oh believe me young lady, I'm plenty mad at you too.'
'Mr Stark I-' I stared to say but Mr Stark just looked more mad, further pointing his finger at me,
'Oh Kid don't even!'

I heard footsteps coming down the corridor, 'Tony what's all the shouting abo-' It was Captain America, I mean Steve, he stopped mid sentence when he saw the situation, 'Oh!' He laughed, trying to contain it and filing his arms with pursed lips.
'Steve, don't.' Gemma said sighing,
'Hey I'm trying to help you out here!' Steve replied, still laughing, 'Tony give them a break, they're just kids and they're good kids.' Steve put his hands on Mr Stark's shoulder,
'And Mr Stark both-' I tried to defend us but Steve cut me off,
'Queens, I don't think anything you say is going to help right now.' He said nicely, was right. Mr Stark looked like he was trying to say things but couldn't find the right words. He tuned to Captain America, then to Gemma and I before letting out an angry huff and walking out.

Once Mr Stark was out of earshot, Steve turned to Gemma and I in the doorway, 'I'm closing this for our sake, not yours...' he winked and shut the door. Gemma burst out laughing, throwing her head back, 'This isn't funny!' I demanded, throwing the pillow I had been holding at Gem, but she just scrunched up her face in that adorable way she does,
'It's kind of funny!' And a laugh came out as she tried to get the words out, 'Hey! It's okay, dad will get over it!' The grin she had on her face reassured me enough, she grabbed my hands and pulled me back into bed with her so I was on top of her. 'Besides, maybe dad will let you stay round more often now.' I bowed my head down into her neck,
'He's going to hate me isn't he?'
'No! Promise! It will be fine... eventually.' She was finding this all way too funny, but all the embarrassment was worth it for her.

We laid in bed for a little while, Gemma reading her book aloud as she laid in my arms while I stroked her hair. After around half an hour Gemma got up, 'Noooo!' I moaned, as she tried to leave and I pulled her back down towards me and she let out a giggle as I smothered her with kisses.
'I need to have to shower!' She said trying to break free, unsuccessfully. I released my grip from her but she didn't move,
'On one condition!' I announced, and she tilted her head to tell me she was listening, 'I join you...' I added cheekily, part of me was joking, part of me wasn't...
'Nice try Parker!' Gemma laughed, punching my arm slightly and got out of bed and into the En Suite. It was worth a try.

[Gemma's POV]

Following dad finding out Peter had stayed the night, Peter and I laid in bed together as I read my book to him. It felt so natural to be in his arms, like I could stay there forever. Half an hour passed and I went to get up, 'Noooo!' Peter moaned as he pulled me back down to him, kissing me all over my face, it tickled slightly and I let out a chuckle.
'I need too shower!' I protested trying to release myself from him, without joy. Peter let go of me but I didn't really want to move so I stayed a minute longer, staring into his eyes.
'On one condition!' He announced and I tilted my head, 'I join you...' there was a part of me that wanted to say yes, but another part of me knew he wasn't being completely serious, even if I was, at least he tried, though.
'Nice try Parker!' I replied, laughing at his audacity.

I got into the shower and couldn't help but think about if Peter had joined me. The thoughts I had had the other day came creeping back, but after last night, the thoughts became more realistic. I could feel his hands on my wet skin and running through my hair. Suddenly, I snapped out of it realising I didn't have the necklace on and nothing had happened in nearly a day. That was an achievement.

When I got out of the shower, Peter was fully dressed in his clothes from yesterday, he looked me up and down and bit his lip. Gemma. No. I had to think to myself. I sat down at my dressing table in front of the mirror and started doing my hair, still in my towel. Peter came and stood behind me and rubbed his hands on my shoulders. I leant my head back onto his chest and looked up at him, him looking down at me. Our eyes were fixed on one another, like we were the only 2 in the world. 'I love you.' I said softly, smiling as I did,
'I love you.' He returned, and in that moment everything was perfect.