Part 9:

[Peter's POV]

It was the first day of the semester and I was walking to school the long way as I had accidentally left a bit too early, but I didn't mind the walk. When I got to school, I did a double take, I thought I had seen Captain America standing outside the gates. I must have been mistaken. I walked into school and up to my locker to get out my Robotics textbook when some senior made a girl trip up.

I ran over to catch the girl and as I did, I noticed it was the girl from the salon, from the deli, what were the chances. 'It's you.' She said in amazement, still in my arms.
'Deli girl.' I replied, I almost said salon girl- good thing I didn't or she might have figured out I'm Spider-Man. I then realised we were in the middle of the hallway looking like we had just finished a dance number. I lifted her back to her feet and took a step back. I had to get her name and now was my chance. 'I'm Peter.' I said and I couldn't help but smile, she was so beautiful.
'I'm Gemma.' She said smiling back.
'It's weird, I haven't seen you at school before.' I said, and this seemed to make her a bit uncomfortable,
'Um, yeah, I've been homeschooled for a while so its my first day actually.' She looked down at her shoes then back at me, 'Would you show me to student services? I need to get my schedule.' She added.
'Yeah of course! It's this way.' I said gesturing up the hallway. For some reason she made me really nervous. We started walking towards the office. 'So are you a Junior?' I asked, I hoped,
'Yeah I am, are you?' She replied, it sounded like hope in her voice too but I didn't want to read too much into it, 'Cool! Yeah I am.' I replied and I smiled at her and she smiled back. We got to the office, unfortunately it wasn't much of a walk to the office so I didn't get to spend much time with her.

'Here you are m'lady.' I said in a weird voice. Honestly what was I saying, 'm'lady' what?! Luckily she laughed,
'Thank you Peter. I hope I'll see you around.' She couldn't stop smiling and neither could I.
'Yeah definitely.' I replied smiling back and I hugged her. She was about the same height as me which made her the perfect hugging height. Her hair smelt amazing as well. She pulled away and went into the office, looking back just before she went in and I gave her a little wave, and with that, no longer mystery girl was gone, and her name was Gemma.

[Gemma's POV]

'It's you.' I said, a little in shock, in his muscular arms.
'Deli girl.' He replied, we lingered for a while in the strange position but I didn't really care. I could get lost in his amazing brown eyes. Sadly, he then picked me up and stood me up on the floor and took a step back so we weren't so close. 'I'm Peter.' He said smiling, I smiled back,
'I'm Gemma.' I replied still smiling. It had been a week since we met in the deli, and I had been a bit worried he had forgotten me; good thing he hadn't.

'It's weird, I haven't seen you at school before.' He said, and I had to think for a minute about the story dad and I had come up with.
'Um, yeah, I've been homeschooled for a while so its my first day actually.' I looked down, worried he would think I was weird over being homeschooled, which wasn't a complete lie. I looked back up to see he was still smiling, thank god. He was so cute, 'Would you show me to student services? I need to get my schedule.' I added, hoping he wouldn't say no. 'Yeah of course! It's this way.' He said excitedly, still smiling.

He lead me up the hallway where we had a brief conversation and I found out he was also a junior too, thankfully. When we got to the office he said 'Here you are m'lady.' in a weird voice, I laughed, his weirdness was cute. 'Thank you Peter. I hope I'll see you around.' I returned, smiling so much my cheeks hurt. How could I like someone so much after only 2 encounters? 'Yeah definitely.' He replied smiling back and he hugged me tightly. I felt so safe with him and so comfortable. I pulled away, not that I wanted to, I was just conscious of the time. I walked into the office and looked back at him just before shutting the door and he waved slightly causing me to laugh again.

I went into the office and spoke to the first person I saw. 'Hi, I'm Gemma Dalton St-' I had to stop myself, 'Gemma Dalton. It's my first day.' The lady at the desk looked up,
'Ah hello Ms Dalton! Here is your schedule and Mr Leeds will be here to show you round in a minute.' The woman said cheerily, she passed me a piece of paper with my classes on. First I had AP Spanish and then Physics, both things which wouldn't be too hard. My mom was half Spanish and spoke a lot of it round the house when I was little so it was kind of ingrained in me. Behind me I heard someone fumbling through the door, 'Sorry Mrs Hyde!' The voice said, I turned around to see a guy in a salmon button down shirt and a blue zip up hoodie. 'That's alright Mr Leeds, This is Gemma Dalton, the girl you will be showing round.' Mrs Hyde replied,
'Hi!' I said offering my hand, which he took and shook it,
'Hi I'm Ned!' he replied, 'Let's get going to Spanish.' I smiled at him and let him lead the way. We made small talk to our class and he made me laugh a lot, he was so nice, I hoped we would be friends. We got to Spanish and he said he would meet me after Physics and we would have lunch together with his friends. I guess we were friends.