Part 15:

[Peter's POV]

I had planned my date with Gemma down to the last minute. She was going to meet me at my place and then May would drive us to the Thai place, we would eat dinner, I would ask her to be my girlfriend and go for a walk, then, maybe, tell her I was Spider-Man. I still wasn't sure about it. I didn't want to start our relationship on a lie but I also wanted to keep her safe. Putting her in danger would be the worst thing I could do.

School really dragged, but at least I got to see Gemma quite a lot. We had Robotics together in the morning and of course we all sat together at lunch. I could barely focus all day, especially in Spanish, god it was boring. My last class of the day was Biology, and Gemma had Chemistry but we said we would meet at her locker afterwards. The bell rang and I leapt out of my chair to go meet her. When I got there she was already there, sorting out her locker.

'Hey Gem!' I said to her, I hadn't called her Gem before, I hoped she didn't mind. She smiled at me, I guess she didn't,
'Hey Peter!' She returned, closing her locker, 'Still good for later?'
'Yeah of course! I can't wait.' I said excitedly. Her phone buzzed and I realised she was probably getting picked up and I didn't want to keep her, 'So I'll see you at 7?' I asked and she smiled and nodded, I went up to her and kissed her on the cheek then said 'Bye!' And rushed off. I wanted to get some Spider-Man business in beforehand.

[Gemma's POV]

Peter met me at my locker after our last class, 'Hey Gem!' he called to me, I liked that he called me Gem, but I couldn't think if a nickname for him in the moment, 'Hey Peter!' I replied and closed my locker, 'Still good for later?' I asked him, praying he wasn't cancelling.
'Yeah of course! I can't wait.' He said excitedly, I was about to respond but my phone buzzed, I guess Lars was here to pick me up with Pepper. 'So I'll see you at 7?' He confirmed and I smiled and nodded, I didn't quite know what to do, he made me kind of nervous, he came up to me and kissed me on the cheek and rushed off, shouting 'Bye!' As he did. I grinned to myself. I couldn't believe I didn't want to go to school a couple weeks ago.

I went outside and round the corner and got in the car with Lars and Pepper; still smiling. 'Someone's happy?' Pepper asked happily,
'Yeah I am! But Pepper, what do I wear on a date?' Of course I had never been on a date before and I had no idea what to wear. Do you go casual or fancy or something in between? I had no idea.

When we got back home Pepper and I went through my wardrobe and finally decided on a dress that wasn't super causal but also wasn't that fancy, so to answer my question- it was something in between. I also wore a long cardigan and some flat pumps. I curled my hair a little so I had some soft waves and then went to show Pepper.

I walked into the living room and gave her a little twirl, 'Oh Gem, you look so cute! This date is with the Peter Parker guy right?' I didn't think I had told her his last name but I must have.
'Yeah it is.' I replied, still a bit confused. It was 5pm now so I still had over an hour until we had to leave to get to Peter's so I thought it would be best to get on with some homework.

(Sorry nothing too interesting happened in this chapter but bare with :))