Part 18:

[Peter's POV]

I had a nice lie in the next day, I was exhausted. I suppose having your powers suppressed and then come back really takes it out of you. When I finally got up I first raided the cupboards, I was starving. I had 3 bowls of cereal, 7 pieces of toast and 3 bananas; just the usual for a superhero really. I did a bit of homework for a while but kept getting distracted by Gemma's necklace, every time I looked at it too long or got too close, I felt queasy. I still didn't understand why Gemma had it but I'd just have to ask her later. I decided to send her a message to plan meeting later.

[Peter]
Hey Gem :) What time shall we meet? And where <3

[Gemma]
Hey :) hows 3:30 at Stargent
Park? <3

[Peter]
Sounds like a plan <3

It was strange, Stargent Park was near the Avenger's facility which was pretty far, maybe it was near to where she lived, or maybe she was going to be near already. No idea either way, it was time to go and do Spider-Man work so I put on my suit and went out. There wasn't a lot going on for a while until I heard someone screaming, I swung over to see a woman by a car with a man holding her at gunpoint. 'Hey guys what's going on?' I said as I landed on the roof of the car and shot a web to grab the gun from the masked guy, 'Are you being mean to this nice lady? Because that's not very cool.' I continued, incapacitating the assailant by webbing his hands and feet together and then pushing him up against a wall. 'Thank you Spider-Man!' The woman shouted and got in her car and drove off. I called the police on the man and it turned out they had been looking for him for ages because this was the fourth time he had robbed a woman this week!

I sat on the rooftop of my favourite building that overlooked the east river. I always came to sit here to think, or to wait, whenever really. I wanted to bring Gem here, it was so beautiful, especially at sunset. I was completely in a daze until my spider senses interrupted me. I felt so uneasy and that's when I saw someone on the rooftop opposite me. They had binoculars on and were looking straight at me, the must have noticed I saw them because as soon as I looked over, the person suddenly disappeared off the rooftop.

I went to investigate the roof they had been on to see if I could find a fingerprint, or see where they had gone, but there was nothing. I went in the same direction the person had ran and I saw them, holding their binoculars in their hand whilst on the phone. 'Karen? Can you hear what they're saying?' I whispered to my suit and Karen managed to enhance the audio but I still couldn't make out exactly what they were saying, something about them definitely being right. But what did that mean?

[Gemma's POV]

The next morning I was woken up to my door being blasted open. 'Little Stark!' A deep voice bellowed, I sat up with a start. It was Thor. I jumped up out of bed and threw my arms around him. 'Thor! I missed you so much!'
'Ah I missed you too starling,' he pulled away and looked at me, 'you are so big now.' He finished, he was silent for a minute before leaving me to get ready. Thor and I were always really close, even if he was off world most of the time. We had a sort of special bond, I couldn't explain, but I was really glad he's back for a bit, he must have been dad's surprise. I put on some joggers and a hoodie, my usual attire before I started going to school, and left my bedroom to see basically all of the avengers in the living room. My dad came over and gave me a hug and so did Natasha and Steve.

Wanda had made us muffins so we all sat eating and talking. I loved having everyone all together; they were my family. 'So Thor, how come you're here, on earth.'
'Just for a visit, nothing really going on at the moment. Besides, I missed everyone.' He smiled at all of us and we got back to chatting. While I was listening to Thor talk about some storied from Asgard, my phone buzzed, it was Peter,

[Spidey Boy]
Hey Gem :) What time shall
we meet? And where? <3

I wanted to tell dad that I was dating Spider-Man so I could tell Peter that my dad was Iron Man. I wanted to be able to have him round but I didn't want to make dad uncomfortable or anything. There was a park a couple minutes away from the facility, we could go for a nice walk again and hopefully there wouldn't be anymore weird weather situations. I texted him back the name of the park and said we should meet at 3:30, that way I had more time with everyone and might get the chance to ask dad about telling Peter.

The rest of the day we spent playing games and talking but eventually Nat and Wanda said that I had to train as I hadn't in a while. We went downstairs and got straight into the ring. 'How was your date Gem?' Wanda asked me throwing a ball of telekinesis. I ducked and threw a punch, knocking her on the floor, 'It was really good, I have a boyfriend now.' I spun around and threw a kick at Natasha and then threw her over my shoulder like I did the guy in the restaurant. Both Wanda and Nat were on the floor. 'That's so cute!' Nat shouted, getting up of the floor and giving me a playful nudge.

'How come we haven't trained in ages and you somehow seem stronger?' Wanda asked, getting up off the floor as well and grabbing her water bottle. She was right, I did feel stronger, and more energised it was weird. 'I don't know, good night sleep maybe?' I replied, and Nat and Wanda shared a look, but I ignored it. Nat looked at me like she was looking for something and then she realised, 'Gem, where's your necklace?' She looked concerned, it was just a necklace.
'It fell off yesterday, but Peter is giving it back to me later.' I replied, trying to figure out why Natasha was so worried.
'Peter... this the boyfriend?' Natasha asked, filling up her water bottle at the water cooler.
'Yeah, he is.' I could feel myself smiling and Wanda was trying to hide her giggling.

I grabbed some water too and then we all got back in the ring. Natasha and Wanda really brought their A-game this round. I was struggling a bit fighting both of them off and then I fell into the sides of the ring. Nat was about to throw a kick and I put out a hand to protect myself out of instinct and a gust of ice game firing out, throwing Nat to the other side of the ring and leaving shaved ice all over the floor. Wanda looked at me in shock, I was in shock. I ran over to see if Nat was okay, she was, she sat up but with her head in her hands. 'Nat are you okay?' I exclaimed, 'What was that? Was that me?' I could feel my heart beating a million times a minute. Nat looked up at me,
'I think you need to talk to your dad Gem.' I was so confused. What was happening?