Part 7:

[Gemma's POV]

After my encounter with the super cute boy, I decided there was only one more thing I needed before heading home. I headed to a salon to get some new hair straighteners, as they usually sold some really good ones.

I walked in and sat in the waiting area while I waited to be served, when I saw smoke coming from the back room and then the fire alarm went off. One of the hairdressers began escorting people out, but the room was filling up with smoke really quickly. That's when I saw an old lady struggling to get up. I made my way over to her, 'Excuse me are you okay?' I asked her but she was really struggling. I put my arm under hers and began helping her out but before we got too far I heard another voice amid the smoke, 'Ma'am's are you okay?' A familiar voice said. It was Spider-Man! I had watched the YouTube videos on him and heard dad talking about him a bit from that spat dad and Steve had had a couple years back...

'Yeah I'm fine just please help this lady, Spider-Man.' I replied, Spider-Man hesitated for a second before coming over to help the old lady, 'Yeah! Yeah of course!' he said after his hesitation and got the lady out really quickly. I picked up my stuff, put my arm over my mouth to block the smoke and made my way out myself. When I got outside I saw the old lady again and checked she was okay before calling Happy to come and pick me up, without telling him I had almost been in a fire.

Just as I was getting off the phone, Spider-Man came up to me. 'Hi miss, I just wanted to check you were okay.' He asked politely. He was fidgeting quite a lot, bless him, he seemed quite young. 'Yes I'm fine, thank you, Spider-Man.' I replied, I felt compelled to touch his arm, so I did and both of us got a bit flustered from it. I could feel myself blushing again, like with the guy in the deli. I realised Happy would be at the place he dropped me off at pretty soon so I should start making my way back, 'I have to go, but thank you again!' I replied and I hurried off.

It was weird, Spider-Man gave me the same flustered feeling that the guy from earlier did. It was strange. The whole car ride back home I couldn't stop thinking about the boy... and Spider-Man. I wonder who it was underneath the mask. I bet dad knew but there was no way he would tell me, his secret identity is secret for a reason.

When we got back I put all of my new clothes straight in the washing machine as they smelt like smoke, and then went to have a shower. Happy had already asked why I smelt like burning and I had to tell him some people were having a bonfire. I have no idea how he bought that.

I went downstairs after my shower to find dad in the living room with Steve. 'Hey monkey!' Dad welcomed, he came and put his arm around me, 'See, Steve! Our Gem is still alive.' He added. Steve had his arms folded and a scowl across his face. 'How was your day in the world?' Dad asked me, I knew I couldn't tell him about the fire, even though nothing happened and I'm fine, I actually really liked the freedom and was looking forward to school now. 'It was actually really good!' I replied smiling. I couldn't help it, I was still happy from that boy and my short, yet sweet, encounter with Spider-Man. 'So you're okay?' Steve asked, walking towards me and putting a hand on my shoulder. 'I just want you to be safe kiddo.'
'Honestly, Steve I'm good, thank you.' I replied and gave him a hug and he hugged back.