Part 30:

[Peter's POV]

Friday rolled around pretty quick, I had seen Gemma a couple times this week as we had been out for dinner one night and done some training sessions together.

During the day, I had made sure my suit was ironed and clean and Gemma's present was wrapped and ready to go. I couldn't swing all the way over to the facility in my suit, but as I was going to this party as a Stark Industries Intern, it meant May would be able to drive me as I wasn't actually lying about any of it.

We got in the car around 7 as I didn't want to be late. I was super nervous, which was weird because it was just a party, but this somehow felt different. 'So what are you going to do when you get there?' May interrogated me,
'Say she looks nice, but not too much, because that's creepy.' I recalled, sighing slightly,  'Oh, May, she's going to look so beautiful... not that she doesn't always, but I've never seen her all dressed up this much before.' I said nervously, and Aunt May looked at me like she was going to well up,
'Oh hunnie , that is so sweet! She is a very lucky girl.'
'No, I'm the lucky one.' I beamed happily.

When we got to the facility, I got out of the car with my bag and Gemma's present and said goodbye to May, 'Bye May!'
'Bye honey! Are you staying at Gemma's tonight?'
'Yeah! I'll see you tomorrow!' And she drove away.

As I walked in my hands were shaking slightly, come on Peter! It's just a party! I had to think to myself. As I walked up the stairs towards Gemma's room my heart was pounding out of my chest. When I got to her room, her door was open and then all of a sudden, I saw her. She looked absolutely stunning, drop dead gorgeous. She had on a dark green mini dress and her hair had been curled into big, almost vintage looking, waves and had a red lipstick on.

I was left speechless and I'm pretty sure she could tell because then she said, 'What? Have I got something on me?' She started looking at her dress and her face in the mirror.
'No, no! You look...' There just wasn't words, 'Just... Wow.' I said in shock and she smiled at me,
'You look wow too.' She said walking towards me, and she put her hands around my neck, I dropped the bags on the floor and put my hands around her waist, 'For real, do I have something on me though?' She asked, smiling at me.
'No, no you don't, I just can't get over how amazing you look.' I really couldn't. How did I get so lucky to have such a gorgeous girl? She started blushing and put her head on my shoulder, when she looked up I kissed her softly, but meaningfully.

When I pulled away, I asked, 'Do I have lipstick on me?' I rubbed my lips together but it must have just made it worse because Gemma laughed, nodded and used her thumb to wipe the lipstick off my lips. I put my bags into her room and we headed downstairs to where the party was about to get started.

[Gemma's POV]

Peter's reaction to my dress was exactly what I was going for, and he had really made every effort with himself too. He looked so dapper, like my very own Prince Charming.

We went down the stairs into the main living area hand in hand, Clint whistled at both of us, 'Woah! Look at these two all grown up!' Natasha said jumping up from her seat,
'Hang on hang on! Let me take some photos!' She pulled out her phone and took maybe 100 photos of us from all different angles. It was all part of my plan for Peter's Christmas present.
'You done yet Nat?' I joked,
'Sorry sorry! You guys just look so dang cute together.' She said with a doting tone and Peter put his arm around me, squeezing me slightly and kissed my forehead.

'Peter, Gemma, just remember that you are Stark interns, not avengers tonight. No secret identity spilling please.' Dad pleaded, folding his hands together, with Pepper by his side,
'If you get asked any questions you don't know how to answer just bring me over okay guys?' Pepper added with a warm smile.

Soon enough 8pm rolled around and friends of dad's and Pepper's and god knows who else started arriving and before we knew it there must have been 200 people roaming around the facility. Happy was working security of course and most of the rooms were locked and off limits but you could still see the odd few people trying to get a sneak peak.

About an hour in and Peter and I had already spoken to 3 board members and 6 investors and also eaten loads of party food. We were sat on one of the sofa's just keeping ourselves to ourselves and chatting when they played one of Peter's favourite songs, 'Come on we need to dance to this!' Peter said, pulling me up,
'Of course darling!' I replied and got up with him. We were the only 2 dancing but it didn't matter, we were having a great time and it felt like the most natural thing in the world, just us two having fun together. We twirled and jumped and spun and every kind of dance move you could think of, laughing to each other the whole time.

After we had danced through quite a few songs, we were both getting tired but before I could sit down, Steve called me over. I started to make my way over when Peter said, 'I love you, Stark.'  And kissed me on the cheek,
'I love you too, Parker.' He was so sweet, 'What was that for though?'
'That's just the most fun I've had in so long, because it was with you.' I couldn't contain my smile and I kissed him. I wanted to for longer but we were in the middle of a room full of people, and it was a bit awkward. I pulled away, but Peter still gave me another quick kiss,
'Hey, I'm just going to run up to use your bathroom, I'll be right back.' He said squeezing my hand before letting go.
'Okay.' I replied, not wanting him to go, but when you need to go, you need to go and Peter disappeared into the masses of people. I went over to Steve and he started introducing me to people.

Peter had been gone for quite a while, at first I assumed that he must have gotten caught up in the crowds but after half an hour I started to get worried. 'Steve, I'm going to go look for Peter.' I whispered and Steve nodded at me saying,
'Okay, Gem.' Quietly under his breath. I moved my way through the crowds, up the stairs and into the corridor where the next set of stairs to the bedrooms were. The door was locked and dad hadn't told me the passcode. I tried stark. Nope, I tried Tony. Nope.

Then I thought, well technically I don't exist so neither does my birthday, so I tried my birthdate and the door opened. I shut the door behind me and went up the next set of stairs and then into my bedroom, but there was no Peter. I knocked on my bathroom door, 'Peter? Are you in there?' No answer.

I went and looked around the bedroom floor but I couldn't hear anything. 'Hello?' I called out, but again, no answer. I pulled out my phone and rang him, I could hear his ringtone coming from back in my bedroom, it was coming from behind my chair by the window, I grabbed it and it was definitely Peter's phone. That's when I noticed the window was open, and he was gone.

[Peter's POV]

I left Gemma in the party and ran upstairs to use her bathroom, I stopped by Mr Stark first though as I knew the bedroom floor was off limits to the guests and I would need a password. 'Mr Stark!'
'Ah Peter! Meet-'
'Mr Stark, I need to run up to Gemma's room,' I interrupted him, whispering, 'What's the code?'
'Her birthday.' He whispered back quickly before getting back to his guests. I ran up the stairs to the keypad to the bedroom floor and keyed in, 8\8\02. Her birthday was a week after mine so easy to remember. The door swung open and I pushed it behind me.

After I used Gemma's bathroom I heard a door slamming, the one you go through to get up to the bedroom floor. That was strange, I could have sworn I shut the door. It was probably one of the other Avengers needing to grab something from their room. I went to grab something from my bag that I had left on Gemma's chair when my phone fell out of my inside jacket pocket and behind the chair. I leant down to grab it when suddenly there was a shooting pain in my back, 'Agh!' I shouted, clutching my back before falling to the floor. I couldn't move, it was like I was paralysed. My eyes began to feel heavy and dark but I could just about make out a figure above me before I backed out.