Part 14:

[Gemma's POV]

When Pepper and I got back to the facility, we chatted for a while all about her travels before she decided to go to bed. She was really tired from travelling all day. I went down to the lab to finish working on some AI earrings I had been working on but when I got down there I saw the suit I had seen a couple days ago. It was kind of like black widow's, Navy but had purple stitching on it. Maybe there was a new avenger? Perhaps that's why dad was in LA.

I was deep into working on the earrings, when F.R.I.D.A.Y came over the intercom,
'Miss Dalton Stark, Mr Stark has been calling you and is now calling the house phone.' Ah shit. I hadn't checked my phone since I left Peter's. I looked at my phone, 3 missed calls from dad and 2 from Steve. I picked up the house phone on dad's desk, 'Hey dad.' I said picking up the phone,
'Gemma Maria Dalton Stark! Why have you not been picking up the phone!' He bellowed through he phone. I didn't know why he seemed so worried. 'Sorry I was with Pepper and then I was...' I couldn't tell him I was in the lab, he'd flip. 'Just doing some homework. What's up why are you so stressed?' I asked, dad being stressed made me stressed. He sighed over the phone,
'Of course, good girl, sorry I doubted you. An alarm went off at the house and I got worried.' I realised that was probably me when I went into the lab, I always forgot to turn off the silent alarm. 'Dad, that probably was me...' I said, bracing myself for the lecture I was about to receive.
'Gem why were you in the lab? There's stuff in there that you shouldn't be looking at!' He shouted so loud that I could have sworn the phone was shaking. 'Sorry I was looking for my tablet.' I lied, but he was already angry enough. 'It's okay just go to bed, It's late and you have school tomorrow.' He calmed down a bit and I could hear Steve mumbling in the background. 'I have to go peanut, but I love you and I'll see you on Saturday.'
'I love you too, be safe.' I replied and he hung up.

I had been in the lab before and he had never been that angry before. Maybe it was about the suit. It was the only thing in here that looked out of the ordinary. I turned off the silent alarm and went upstairs to my room, it was 10pm but I wasn't tired, I was too excited about tomorrow. I got ready for bed and checked my phone. I had a message from Peter.

[Peter Parker]
Can't wait for tomorrow :)
Today was fun x

[Gemma]
Yeah it was, I'm excited too :) x

[Peter Parker]
We should probably sleep.
Pick you up at 7 tomorrow? X

Peter couldn't pick me up; firstly, he couldn't drive, secondly, I lived at the avengers facility.

[Gemma]
How about I meet you at your place? Mine is pretty far x

[Peter Parker]
Sounds like a plan!
See you tomorrow x

I put my phone on charge and got into bed. I was so excited, I could barely close eyes. Tomorrow was going to be amazing.