Part 32:

[Gemma's POV]

I sat in the briefing room with the rest of the avengers while dad was analysing the transmission OCTAGON had sent over. 'So who is the woman in the feed?' Wanda asked, she had a point, we had no idea who any of these agents were.
'F.R.I.D.A.Y ran facial recognition on her and found a match for a Kendra Heln.' Dad said bringing up a photo on the screen. This caught my attention, I recognised that name. While dad went over the transmission with the rest of them, all I could think of was Peter's scream, over and over in my head on a hell loop. Everyone was looking at me, 'Gemma?' Clint asked, trying to get my attention, I snapped out of my haunted delusion to see everyone's eyes on me.
'What?' I asked bluntly,

'We've got a plan.' Dad said and pulled up the blueprints of the address on the hologram. 'We're going to enter here, 2 people will go in each direction, stay in contact over coms. Gemma, you're going to stay on the jet we can't risk them taking you too. Once the building is secure we'll go in and extract all the data and of course, get Peter.' He explained in such a hurry,
'Wait, what are you talking about? I'm going with you guys.' Everyone was suddenly afraid to make eye contact with me,
'Gem, It's too dangerous.' Nat tried to say but I wasn't hearing any of it,
'Dad, you can't bench me! You made me an avenger, you need to let me help!' I stood up, 'I'm going in there and there's nothing you can say that can change my mind. They killed my mom, they have Peter, this is more my fight than any of yours.' The more words I spoke the angrier I got, still hearing Peter's screams in my head.

Dad put his head in his hand and rubbed his forehead. He then slammed his hand down on the desk and stood up, 'Gemma! I am your father, and I'm saying it's too -'
'Nothing! I am going.' I interrupted him, he went to argue back when Steve put his hand on dad's shoulder,
'Tony, she'll be fine.' He tried to reassure dad but he didn't look at more at ease,
'Fine! Fine! Come on we need to go.' He said and left the room quickly. Even though I was worried and angry, I couldn't help but smile a little. I was proud of myself, I had stood up to dad and was going to save Peter and get justice for mom.

When everyone was on the jet, Steve and Nat were arranging everyone, 'Gemma, Nat and I will go in through the south entrance, everyone else split up. We find Queens, and once all of the other OCTAGON agents have been neutralised we get intel. Okay?' Everyone was in agreement.

When the jet landed, dad held me back for a second while everyone else got off, 'You know I'm not happy about this, but be safe, Gemma.' He gave me a hug and then gave a nod to Steve. That was his, 'Don't let anything happen to my daughter' nod.

When Steve, Nat and I got to the south entrance, they sandwiched me between them. Nat went in first and took down a guard then giving us the all clear to come in. I went in and Steve followed covering my back, I could hear someone coming from a room next to us, Nat went left but the noise was coming from the right. I looked at Steve, 'Gem, we follow the plan.' He said under his breath,
'But there's someone over there!' I replied, and just as I did I saw someone behind Steve. I pushed Steve to the side and shot the OCTAGON agent with an ice blast, knocking him out cold. No pun intended.
I looked back to Steve and then Nat, who just shrugged and we kept searching for Peter.

[Peter's POV]

I had been put back into my delusion, this time it was Christmas and the children were opening presents while Gem took photos of them. I tried to move again, I still couldn't. I guess as this was some kind of induced hallucination, I wasn't really in control, and I couldn't move because I was strapped down in real life, I tried to rationalise. Suddenly there was a loud bang, but dreamworld Gem and the kids didn't flinch, so it must be in the real world. Not focusing on the delusion made me more aware of what was going on in real life; so I focused, on the room from when I had been pulled out earlier. The machines, the woman all of it.

I tried to move, shaking my head, to get whatever contraption was putting me in this dream off,  but it wouldn't budge. I was trying to use my spidey senses to concentrate, think properly, and thats when I heard it, I could hear Gemma's voice, not her in the delusion but my, real Gemma. 'Peter, we're coming for you. We're coming.' Over and over again. She must have been saying it under her breath because it didn't sound like she was shouting. That means she must be close.

[Gemma's POV]

Nat, Steve and I carried on searching and something told me we were getting closer to Peter, 'Peter, we're coming for you. We're coming.' I whispered. If he was nearby he would be able to hear me and I knew he would hang in there until we found him.

We stumbled upon a room full of computers, all of them with the OCTAGON logo on. 'Nat, I know dad said to wait but we're here, Cap and I here can handle ourselves.' I said and she hesitated,
'Go, Nat, the kid's right.' Steve backed me up, Nat nodded and ran into the room to retrieve the data and Steve and I went up a flight of stairs.

We reached a long grey corridor, it kind of looked like what you'd imagine in a mental asylum. I could hear a familiar voice behind me, I spun around, it was Kendra Heln. 'Kendra.' I said and could sense Steve arming himself up behind me,
'Hi peaches.' Kendra said, that's when it hit me. I knew exactly who's she was.