Part 2:

[Gemma's POV]

I woke up at 8, just like any other normal day, got out of bed and had a shower, then threw on some baggy joggers, T-shirt and a white hoodie. I brushed my brown curls into a ponytail with, and got ready for the day. I looked in the mirror at myself, the last photo I had of my mom next to it on the wall. I looked so much more like her the more I got older. We had the same green eyes, same nose. Dad says I look just like her when he knew her first.

I looked at my locket. Dad had given it to me when I was 6 and I had never taken it off. It was silver and had a photo of my parents in each side with a 'G' engraved on the front and a diamond at the top. Dad had gotten me a new chain for it a few years back, never taking it off had made it become a bit discoloured.

I went downstairs into the kitchen to see Steve making waffles- my favourite. 'Hey Gem!' He greeted me as I sat on the countertop across from him and stuck my finger in the batter and licked it off. Steve was an amazing cook. 'Hey Captain.' I mocked and saluted him with my other hand. We both laughed. 'Is dad back yet?' I asked, sticking my finger in the batter again. He tuned around and took the bowel from me and made a semi-serious face. 'No not yet, Happy went to go get him about an hour ago so they should be back soon.' He took the waffle out of the iron and put 2 blueberries and 7 raspberries on the top of the waffle to make a smile and handed it to me with a proud grin on his face. I laughed and gave him a hug.

After breakfast I went down to the lab, which was next to the garage, to see if I had left my tablet in there. Just as I got down there the garage door opened and Dad's car pulled in. Happy got out of the car and so did dad. 'Hey Peanut!' He shouted and dropped his bags on the floor.
'Dad!" I replied and ran to him and he picked me up in a hug and swung me round.
'Ah I missed you!' he put me down and held my head in his hands. 'What happened to my little girl hey? When did you get so big?' He questioned, smiling at me. I pulled him back into a hug. 'How long are you here for?' I asked,
'Oh I don't know, was thinking a couple months?' He replied, I pulled away in shock,
'What!' I exclaimed.
'Nobody needs me more than you, besides there's some stuff I want to talk to you about.' He said going back towards the car, 'Hey peanut, can we talk in a bit? I really need to take a shower and stuff but we'll have lunch yeah?' He added, opening the trunk of the car. 'Yeah of course I've got a session with Wanda and Natasha anyway.' I answered. This grabbed his attention, he looked up from the car. 'Oh yeah, okay cool.' He muttered. Strange, but dad was always strange.