Part 33:

NOTE: Hey guys :) So there is only one more part left to go and I hope you have enjoyed the story! I'm working on another one which explained in the bio of this story I think but I'm also writing a criminal minds one which is up on my page too so if you like Criminal Minds/Spencer Reid or Matthew Gray Gubler then give it a read! Hope you enjoy the last 2 parts :)

Kendra Heln had been my mother's best friend in LA. They were inseparable like sisters and she practically raised me with mom, looking after me whenever mom was out and spent nearly everyday with us.

Peaches was a nickname she had given me because in her garden she had a peach tree and I always used to help her pick them, and eat them, even when she told me not to. I hadn't eaten a peach since I moved to New York with dad.

'What are you talking about?' Steve declared, moving in on Kendra and shielding me with his shield.
'She was friends with my mom.' I replied, shocked, still in disbelief. She hadn't changed a bit, yet it took her calling me peaches to even remember such an important person in my life- suppressed memory I suppose. Steve looked confused at me and then back at Kendra,
'Oh captain, this can't be the strangest thing you've ever seen? After all that girl next to you can manipulate the elements and you basically came out of a bottle.' Kendra mocked, slowly walking towards us and Steve looked even more angry,
'You knew? Did you know about-'
'Your mother? Yes of course I knew.' She cut me off,
'And now you work for the people who killed her? Your best friend! My mom!'
'Darling, don't be so naive, who do you think killed her?' As she said that I felt every inch of my body feel as though it were catching on fire, and maybe that's because in a way it was.

I stormed towards her and hit her with one of the strongest ice blasts I had ever produced and it pushed her right over but didn't knock her out like it did the other guards I had fought. 'Gem!' Steve shouted with a warning tone, I ignored him and stood over Kendra,
'She trusted you! I trusted you!' I shouted and made a fire in my hand, holding it up threateningly, 'Give me one reason why I don't roast you!' But she just smiled,
'Gemma stop!' Steve shouted coming towards me and I shot an ice blast towards his feet making him jump back, he looked at me stunned, but I still didn't care, all I could think of was how she took my mother away from me.
'You and your mother are abominations! I did the world a favour!' She shouted back to me still smiling. I felt my eyes burning, and by the look on Kendra's face, maybe they were actually burning. The smile on her face was wiped off her face and a look of terror set in. 'See! You can't even control it.' She tried to say all tough, but I could hear her voice quivering.

I stood up again, diffusing my fire. I looked to Steve who looked both angry and disappointed and it felt awful. Then I remembered the reason I was even here in the first place- Peter. 'If I was the abomination you thought I was I would have killed you already. Not just for my mother, but for taking Peter too. Now where is he.' I said sternly, trying to take the high road.
'If you leave me, you might just find him in time.' She said, obviously trying to get me to stoop as low as her.
'You killed my mom, and she's gone. But Peter is still alive, and he needs me.' I looked to Steve whose disappointment and angry facial expression was gone and instead gave me a warm smile, I smiled back at him, 'Can you handle her?' I asked, I knew he could,
'Go, find the kid.' He replied and I ran off to find Peter.

[Peter's POV]

I was starting to struggle to keep my grip on what was real. The more I resisted, the more pain I was in and my body began to ache. I was getting tired and wanted nothing more than to just fall asleep but I knew as soon as I did, I might not come back out of the delusion.

I kept struggling until suddenly I didn't have to anymore. The machine had been switched off and a man stood next to the side of my bed, I tried to scream but I felt too weak; I could barely keep my eyes open. He switched off the dial that the lady from before had and thats when all the pain came back. Like my whole body was being stabbed a million times over and screamed as loud as I could, but then I heard a familiar sound.

Through the pain, I turned my head to see a bright silver blast come at whoever was standing next to me, it was Gemma. Once she had taken care of the agent, she ran over to me and unhooked me from the machine and I tried to catch my breath with a huge gasp. 'Oh Peter!' She exclaimed and leant down to hug me, 'Hey Stark.' I replied trying to hug her back but I was too frail.
'Guys I've got Peter.' Gemma said into her coms and helped me up.

Just as we were getting to the door, 7 OCTAGON agents came swarming in attacking Gemma, leaving me on the floor. At first she looked overwhelmed, then she took a breath and her eyes glowed a bright blue and threw her hands out to the side, creating almost a dome of silver energy. She brought her arms into her chest and the dome exploded, causing all of the agents to be hurled backwards. 'When did you learn how to do that?' I asked in awe, she really was incredible.

'I don't know! It just sort of came to me.' She said proudly, helping me up again, putting her arm under mine. When we got out of the room, Wanda came rushing up to us, she put her other arm under me and her and Gem helped me back on the jet where I was tended to. F.R.I.D.A.Y determined that there was no lasting damage and I would just be achy for a few days. I took a nap on the jet, I knew I could finally sleep easy with all of the Avengers on the jet with me, and no worry of living in a delusion for the rest of my life.

When I finally awoke, I was up in the Med bay and Gemma and Mr Stark were sat in the room with me. It looked like they were working on something. I sat up in the bed, which only caused me a little bit of pain, but they were so engrossed in what they were doing that they didn't notice. 'Hey guys.' I said after a minute and both of there heads shot up, which made me smile.
'Peter!' Gemma said running up to me and kissing my forehead, smiling down on me.
'How are you feeling?' Mr Stark asked, walking towards the bed,
'Yeah, I'm okay. Just feels like I did a really long workout at the gym.' I joked which made Gem laugh a little, 'What were you guys working on over there?' I asked, and they both looked at each other before looking back at me,
'That is part of your Christmas present.' Gemma replied proudly and grabbed my hand in both of hers.
'I love you, so much Gem.' I stated, words couldn't really describe how I felt about her, but that seemed close,
'I love you so much too.' She replied, and I leant over and kissed her, putting my hand on her face and pulling her towards me.