• 38

A

Niall set Pepper in the backseat, she was in her little puppy crate of course, and got into the driver's seat.

"See now I would've loved to ride your bike but I don't know how to ride one, so we're going on a drive," He said. I chuckled at how much thought has gone into this.

"Whatever you do, you're not getting into my pants," I said.

"Aww shit. There goes my plans," he slapped his thigh.

"So where are we going?" I asked, hopefully he'll answer this time around.

"Nope. You're going to chill out," he said.

"Can't I know where though?" I asked.

"Sorry doll. Cute faces don't work on me," He said and stuck his tongue out.

"Asshole," I muttered under my breath and he laughed. We got onto the road and Niall put in the destination on his GPS. But he set it for some random place in the middle of nowhere so still I had no idea where we were headed.

He threw the AUX cable to me, allowing me to play some music on the ride. I started of with a personal favourite of mine.

The mirror's image, it tells me it's home time
But I'm not finished, 'cause you're not by my side

Niall looked at me briefly before focusing on the road. The volume increased as he turned it up with the buttons on his steering wheel. I shot him a grateful smile before letting myself to nod my head to the music.

Just nodding to the music soon became violently dancing to it and I wasn't opposed to that. Niall glanced at me, letting out a laugh which was completely drowned out by the loud music.

"Hi! Why'd you only call me when you're high!" I sang loudly, randomly making some hand gestures associated with those words.

"Gosh your voice is fucking awful!" He grimaced playfully.

"Mind you business sir- somewhere darker, talking the same shite," I continued.

Maybe about half an hour goes by and the buildings around us slowly disappeared. Soon we were surrounded by just desert. I unbuckled my seatbelt and the car's alarm started ringing. Paying no heed to it, I turned around and grabbed Pepper. I put my seatbelt back on, once I had my pup on my lap.

Just so my Instagram doesn't stay dry, I uploaded a picture of Pepper to my story.

"Why do you even use that damned app?" Niall asked.

"I guess... It's a way to keep me connected. There are so many young people who look up to me and I don't want to be that one celebrity who keeps their whole life hidden from the world. Why should I, you know?" I said.

"But that's the thing, you're a celebrity. Posting your whole life online can be so risky," he said.

"I was never raised in fame, Niall. I was a normal girl with a normal upbringing. Having a blue tick after my name shouldn't change who I am as a person," I answered.

"What a weird outlook on fame," he said.

"Also it's a way for me to give back to the ones who are so dedicated. I love talking to them. Although I haven't done much of that recently," I said.

"Why?"

"Your fans are on my live, usually giving me death threats, calling me a slut, money chaser, gold digger- yeah, you get the point," I said.

"I don't understand my fandom at all," He said.

"Why's that?" I chuckled.

"Like their favourite celebrity just found the 'girl of his dreams' or whatever. Shouldn't they be happy? Why the fuck do they want to drive her away?" He asked.